2018 250XCW suspension rework

Looking to rework the suspension on my 2018 250xcw with about 5 hours runtime so far. The stock xplorer suspension is basically a joke for the higher speed logging roads that we ride. Sharp edge hits and downhill fork dive are the extreme  weak points on this suspension . I'm looking at a few different options, xp one kit, kreft revalve control intrigued by this option but the value may not be there in weighing in the price, converting back to conventional  open chamber set up with oem parts compression and rebound both legs. I'm curious to see what most other folks are doing to solve the xplorer issues.

I went with Kreft  on my 2018 25sx. I was intrigued with the revalve control. I could have spent the money better elsewhere.

Details? I was thinking about Kreft for my 2017. What didn’t meet your expectations?
I was wondering if the Revalve Control allowed the rider to ride multiple disciplines (MX, Woods, Desert, etc) with simple adjustments, but maybe wasn’t the best at any one of them? I have no data to support this (I’m asking the question, not making a declarative statement) but reading their website made me think this was a possibility...

Thanks

I went with Kreft  on my 2018 25sx. I was intrigued with the revalve control. I could have spent the money better elsewhere.

I'm very curious to what didn't meet your expectations. I ride fast logging roads and also single track with lots of rocks and roots. I like how the Kreft divides the damping equally between both legs and the adjustability they claim.

I'm very curious to what didn't meet your expectations. I ride fast logging roads and also single track with lots of rocks and roots. I like how the Kreft divides the damping equally between both legs and the adjustability they claim.

Trying to understand this as well. The Kreft website says they divide the damping between legs but their diagram of a fork with the RC still shows the compression clicker on one side and the rebound on the other? If they have both legs doing both rebound and compression, wouldn’t they have clickers for both on both legs? What obvious thing am I missing here?

Thanks

Trying to understand this as well. The Kreft website says they divide the damping between legs but their diagram of a fork with the RC still shows the compression clicker on one side and the rebound on the other? If they have both legs doing both rebound and compression, wouldn’t they have clickers for both on both legs? What obvious thing am I missing here?

Thanks

I'm not sure but I think the revalve control adjusts rebound and compression in the left leg at the mid valve. The right leg has rebound on top and they add a compressor adjuster base valve to the bottom of the right leg

The stock fork as well as the Kreft modified fork has the compression on the top and the rebound at the bottom. The difference being the Kreft rebound control is at the bottom of the fork with the rebound clicker adjustment on the inside of the bolt that you turn for adjusting the rebound control. You can turn the revalve control to increase or decrease the pressure on the mid valve. I liked the idea of range of valving possibilities but at the end of the day the valving has to be correct. For me no amount of clicker, revalve control turning, and air pressure adjustments created a fork that was good in tight rock and root trails.  I have went full soft on everything and as low as 125 psi on fork and it still doesn't work for me. Also before you ask I did go the opposite on fork settings and it only got worse.

I have 7 plus rides on my Revalve Control set-up from Kreft and have loved them.

I have 2017 XC 300, so I have the AER forks. None the less they have been great. They have allowed me to take my riding up a level.

I have a few buddies with the same bike as me and they too have had their forks reworked by a very good local tuner and the Kreft is in another league as far as plushness.

No more deflections in rock. I can blitz the rocks with confidence.

The setting were perfect from Kreft initially, but once completely broke in, I went a 1/4 turn stiffer on the Revalve Control and haven’t changed a thing since.

IMG_0240.thumb.JPG.da79ffc0366f60dcca9a5d44d03c6ef5.JPGIMG_0241.thumb.JPG.d8b1189e611ff7e7ea4c58c56a1679fc.JPG

• Like 1

I love the Kreft revalve on my 2018 250 xcw tpi. So much so that I'm thinking I will get the same work done to the kids/loaner bike we have, a 2018 Husky 250 FE, that I take out to ride regularly myself. I think that if you filled out their rider profile and then called to talk to them about what you want you'd likely be very happy with what they did for you. And yes if you take the plunge go all the way and get the micro finish done. I'm fortunate to live close to their Bend OR location and was able to cycle both a stock fork leg and a leg with the micro finish, big difference. No, I do not work for them nor am I associated with them other than having them work on my suspension.

I am thrilled with the Kreft fork on my 2017 150xcw.  That paired with the lowering of my rear shock with a spacer (4mm IIRC) and the bike is perfect everywhere from tight eastern singletrack to wide open sand whoops.  lowering the rear shock is a must in my opinion on PDS bikes, and I'm 6'2".  Helps balance the bike fore and aft. 

Try this in the meantime: springs rated for your weight, per the manual. Add 15cc's of 7 wt oil in each leg. Turn the compression adjuster all the way in, and turn the rebound so it is 4 clicks out(I'm still playing with rebound settings, but going in does help compression damping). I'm 180 lbs and ride MX on my 250 XC-W in SoCal and hit almost all of the jumps and the suspension rarely bottoms out, whereas before it was awful. I also turn the high and low speed compression on the shock all the way in when doing moto - got the idea from MXA - works great too (higher rated shock spring per manual also). I like the fact that I've retained the ability to go back to trail settings during the week and they still work great, as then adjust for moto on the weekends ?

• 3 months later...

Curious if anyone has any more tips?  In the desert this weekend on my 250xcw and I could not get the front end comfortable.  Rear end was fine but front was either harsh in the technical rocks or plush and getting eaten in the whoops.  could not hit a good middle ground.

5 hours ago, Kangaroo_Smasher said:

Look into Dal Soggio for the fork. I’ve heard their kit is good and cheaper than kreft. Also lower the rear with an internal spacer like I said before.

Did you also get shorter springs for the front?