Model year compatibility- 1997 CR125

Greetings, all! I’ve been attempting to find some for-sure information for quite some time now, but it’s time to let the internet chime in! In my possession is a ‘97 CR 125. She’s in clapped condition but rideable, however, that’s not up to par with the plans for the year. I’m in need of some notes on what is or is not compatible in terms of “direct fit” or “some modifications required”, in regards of items readily available for newer (read: aluminum framed) bikes.

Delving right in- wheels, I’ve my eye on a set of something gold with red hubs, but, to no surprise, I’ve come up with nothing readily available through my normal sources. Newer wheels are readily attainable. I’ve heard tales of swapping wheel bearings and using stock sizes in newer wheels, but nothing solid enough to throw the money as of yet.

Next on the docket, foot pegs- there are some out there for cheap, but the best ones are for newer models. All insight is appreciated.

Newer triple clamps, suspension has crossed my mind, though no plans as of yet, but information on these things would be nice, as it is a public forum, and someone, somewhere, some time from now, wants to know

Above all else, if you know some compatibility, even random things, brake parts, sprockets, brake levers (actually, that would be great to know), shifters (that, too, is something I’d personally like information on), throttle tubes (another thing I need to find), or any other piece of interchangeable item, under the canopy or heaven, would be appreciated by all, I’m sure. Thank you for any input you may have on the subject.

(attached is a picture of some of my stable, the ever-so-cleverly identified #69 is the bike in question.)

37110298-6334-4F88-83B8-08623262F0E4.jpeg

Good news- if anyone stumbles upon this, I have found compatibility for other bikes in the 92-97 range. Useless to me, but as this is a public forum, someone may stumble upon this particular string of posts, they may find this link useful. 

• Like 1

More good news- this time, for me, although it’s not for-sure information. Still on wheels, it would appear that the hubs can be the same, and you really can just swap out bearings. Has anyone on this forum done so? 

• 8 months later...