Clutch basket question

After tighting the nut (securing the clutch basket) to 50 ft lbs, I was tapping the washer to bend it over, hammer slipped and broke 1 tine from the clutch basket. I know I can put it together as is but the question I have is,  will that one broken tine cause any kind of damage to the plates or anything else for that matter.

I dont have the $$$ to drop on a new basket at this time but if I can get away with riding it as is for the next few months then I can replace it.  Anybody's thoughts?

Pretty sure you know the answer..... there is no answer other then a guess.

Might work out, might not......I have no doubt someone else did just what you did and put back together, then rode it like that for years.......which is as likely some other poor sod did that and the basket came apart on the second ride.

If you got $20 PM me I got a used one you can have for shipping

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Erik Marquez said:

Pretty sure you know the answer..... there is no answer other then a guess.

Might work out, might not......I have no doubt someone else did just what you did and put back together, then rode it like that for years.......which is as likely some other poor sod did that and the basket came apart on the second ride.

If you got $20 PM me I got a used one you can have for shipping

I second this. Even if it does work, how much time are you gonna waste thinking about it. $20 bucks is an easy call. 

• Like 1

My advise would of been to run it. But with a deal like Erik offers you can't pass that up.  My brain must be out to lunch, I can't remember a lock washer on a DRZ400 to bend over.  Are you sure? KTM- yes.  DRZ400? I can't remember a lock washer.

OK, there is a washer but I still do not remember ever replacing one or bending one.  Maybe missing from my motor?

32 minutes ago, Noble said:

My advise would of been to run it. But with a deal like Erik offers you can't pass that up.  My brain must be out to lunch, I can't remember a lock washer on a DRZ400 to bend over.  Are you sure? KTM- yes.  DRZ400? I can't remember a lock washer.

Its on the way.... 9405 5036 9930 0388 8089 90 we can all watch with anticipation as it winds its way along to his house.... 😄

• Like 1