1980 PE175

Hi all recently acquired a PE 175, bit of a restoration project, call I got it off didn't have the right carburettor for it so gave me one off a old RM 250, tried starting it yesterday has plenty of spark it fired once tried starting  then that was it now it won't even fire could it be the carburettor I'm not a mechanic I know the basics, any help would be appreciated

Hi all recently acquired a PE 175, bit of a restoration project, call I got it off didn't have the right carburettor for it so gave me one off a old RM 250, tried starting it yesterday has plenty of spark it fired once tried starting  then that was it now it won't even fire could it be the carburettor I'm not a mechanic I know the basics, any help would be appreciated

Me too!! If you need help or parts lmk!!!

My bike also has fuel and spark and 180 psi compression, for certain old bikes especially two stroke race bikes like the pe there is a certain way to kick them I’m still trying to find out what it is for the pe IMG_4866.jpgIMG_4865.jpg
That's too much carburetor for the 175.  Buy the right one and try again.

I don’t think the carb is the main issue