Hi all recently acquired a PE 175, bit of a restoration project, call I got it off didn't have the right carburettor for it so gave me one off a old RM 250, tried starting it yesterday has plenty of spark it fired once tried starting  then that was it now it won't even fire could it be the carburettor I'm not a mechanic I know the basics, any help would be appreciated

I am no restoration expert, but it definitely sounds like the carburetor, look it over? See if it had any dirt that you just stirred up?

Try to change the spark plug? Once it floods keep on pulling the spark plug out and put it in?

Cheers will do that will pull the carburettor off and strip down and give it a good clean see if that helps was just wondering if it would be the RM 250 carburettor not being a good match for a PE 175 cheers 

Hi all recently acquired a PE 175, bit of a restoration project, call I got it off didn't have the right carburettor for it so gave me one off a old RM 250, tried starting it yesterday has plenty of spark it fired once tried starting  then that was it now it won't even fire could it be the carburettor I'm not a mechanic I know the basics, any help would be appreciated

Me too!! If you need help or parts lmk!!!

My bike also has fuel and spark and 180 psi compression, for certain old bikes especially two stroke race bikes like the pe there is a certain way to kick them I’m still trying to find out what it is for the pe IMG_4866.jpgIMG_4865.jpg
That's too much carburetor for the 175.  Buy the right one and try again.

I don’t think the carb is the main issue

Went down and bought a new spark plug for it $28 later I wasn't expecting that came home fired up 3rd kick but bit smokie may have to change the oil to petrol ratio running it on 25 to 1

You got ripped on that plug. Zero need for a special plug for the PE. Any quality oil at 32-1 up to 50-1 will be fine with proper jetting.

• Like 1