Anyone ever had this happen to them? First practice of the day I got the bike warmed up for 5 or so minutes and pulled off. Second time out the bike locked up in the air over a jump on lap 2. Pulled the motor apart and found second gear in pieces and a lot of other transmission components got chewed up from it. Parts being replaced are: 2nd gear, 2nd pinion gear, 5th gear, shift drum, all 3 shift forks, both shift guides plus all the washers, circlips, and bearings. The bike is a 2011 so should I play it safe and replace the entire transmission since it’s opened and I’m already replacing most of it? I can imagine that both shafts might have been bent slightly and the other gears have the possibility of grenading at any time. 

Any advice would be appreciated 

Thanks

2nd gear

image.thumb.jpg.722dbf15a3e77248631fcedcce2a85c4.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.b0236755506358fd9b4ed4fbacce22e3.jpg

Edited by MM195

If you are going reuse any the remaining transmission parts, I would break out the big magnifying glass and a spot light and check everything for cracks.

That means clean the oil off first.

22 hours ago, MM195 said:

Anyone ever had this happen to them? First practice of the day I got the bike warmed up for 5 or so minutes and pulled off. Second time out the bike locked up in the air over a jump on lap 2. Pulled the motor apart and found second gear in pieces and a lot of other transmission components got chewed up from it. Parts being replaced are: 2nd gear, 2nd pinion gear, 5th gear, shift drum, all 3 shift forks, both shift guides plus all the washers, circlips, and bearings. The bike is a 2011 so should I play it safe and replace the entire transmission since it’s opened and I’m already replacing most of it? I can imagine that both shafts might have been bent slightly and the other gears have the possibility of grenading at any time. 

Any advice would be appreciated 

Thanks

2nd gear

image.thumb.jpg.722dbf15a3e77248631fcedcce2a85c4.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.b0236755506358fd9b4ed4fbacce22e3.jpg

I have a  wide selection of transmission gears from a 2012 yz250f. I'm guessing that they would be interchangeable.  Let me know if interested. 330-208-5016