Can 2018/2019 WR250F/YZ250FX be lowered to ~35" seat height?

A good suspension tuner can lower it quite a bit but I don’t know about that much! That’s losing a lot of travel, maybe a combination of lower the suspension a lil,& cut sub frame & a lower seat!  Will get close to where you want , without losing too much suspension travel 

I’m not vertically challeged but am in the same boat - years ago riding on a track it didn't matter but now being older and riding rocky trails I just dont feel confortable not being able to touch the ground at times.  On flat ground I can touch fine (just about flat foot if I try hard) on rocky or uneven terrain though the bike might as well have a 42 inch seat height because that's what it feels like.  I give it to “Megs Brapp” she is like 5’3” and rides the hell out of a full size bike.  She has a video on her YouTube Channel (below) how short people can ride better.

I have a 2019 YZ250FX and was told by Race Tech and another local suspension shop that they recommend no more than 1 inch reduction in the suspension for lowering the bike.  So if you lower the suspension 1 inch and then purchase a Seat Concepts Low Seat, you would get a 2 inch drop in seat height. 

https://seatconcepts.com/collections/yamaha/products/yamaha-2014-16-yz250f-450f-2015-16-wr250f-fx-low

Edited by R1peacock

1 hour ago, ROD Kerry said:

All you need is a 1 inch lowering kit from Zeta racing for the front and rear along with the lowered seat from Yamaha. I did the lowering kit alone and with my sag set for my weight my seat height is at 36 inches.

I have a 2019 YZ250FX and would love to give that a shot - I like doing as much of my own work as possible. I don’t race so I don’t mind in there is some performance loss.  Which kits from Zeta did you use?  I assume you had to disassemble the rear shock and release the gas, right?  What about the front forks, how far to you need to diassemble them - can everything be done with common garage DIY tools or do you need some specialty tools.  Hopefully there is a YouTube video on this - seems easy but I’d hate to get too deep into this and get stuck.

1 hour ago, R1peacock said:

I have a 2019 YZ250FX and would love to give that a shot - I like doing as much of my own work as possible. I don’t race so I don’t mind in there is some performance loss.  Which kits from Zeta did you use?  I assume you had to disassemble the rear shock and release the gas, right?  What about the front forks, how far to you need to diassemble them - can everything be done with common garage DIY tools or do you need some specialty tools.  Hopefully there is a YouTube video on this - seems easy but I’d hate to get too deep into this and get stuck.

The shock does NOT need to come apart fully, the shock is the easiest to do with no special tools, Zeta site has the instructions, The forks need to be fully disassemble, you definitely need the for cap spanner, socket and a measuring cup for the oil.

• 4 weeks later...
All you need is a 1 inch lowering kit from Zeta racing for the front and rear along with the lowered seat from Yamaha. I did the lowering kit alone and with my sag set for my weight my seat height is at 36 inches.
Did you do the installation of the zeta kit(s) yourself? How did it go?

On 2/11/2019 at 12:54 AM, kcposty said:
On 1/18/2019 at 12:54 PM, ROD Kerry said:

Read more  

Did you do the installation of the zeta kit(s) yourself? How did it go?

yes I did. If you know how to do a basic fork rebuild/service its straight forward. The shock is easier, just release the nitrogen and push the shock head in enough to install the spacer

• 4 months later...

Rod, I was curious to know what you right off the zeta lowering kit? Did it help you out a lot with being able to touch better and confidence on the bike. I just put on the Yamaha short seat and was disappointed. It's shorter, but wider, so my legs touch the ground the same or worse than before. Looking at a few things, a lowering link and raising the forks in the triple clamps as high as they can go. I just watched a video and that's how Dylan Ferrandis runs his forks. The other option is the same as above but also getting the Zeta lowering kit for the shock and forks. Would just love any feedback from people who have used the zeta products.