woodsguy2000

2019 450X Off-Road Racers?

would love to know how the Yosh works on this bike with stock ECU

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Doug. said:

image.png.2f8f30f461aff0587592badd6d52c3f5.pngThere was a team at the BITD Parker 250 this past weekend. Took 1st in Open Expert bike hauled ass!

I want to get one and race one but I know my bike is a rocket ship compared to a newer one.

19 hours ago, DEGBTI said:

That bike has an R/RX head and some other modifications to bypass the thermostat/change the port for the temperature sensor. Seeing that it won it's class I don't think the stock ECU is an issue at all. 

7 minutes ago, Doug. said:

That bike has an R/RX head and some other modifications to bypass the thermostat/change the port for the temperature sensor. Seeing that it won it's class I don't think the stock ECU is an issue at all. 

no kidding? Wow, some guys don't waist any time. Is this something they came up on their own or help from JCR maybe?

22 minutes ago, DEGBTI said:

no kidding? Wow, some guys don't waist any time. Is this something they came up on their own or help from JCR maybe?

JCR is working on a couple different methods to block off the thermostat right now, and they didn't help these guys. With some creative thought and with what is compatible between models it's likely these guys came up with it on their own and used this race as a test for it. I'm just speculating on that though. It was definitely cool to see out there!

29 minutes ago, Doug. said:

JCR is working on a couple different methods to block off the thermostat right now, and they didn't help these guys. With some creative thought and with what is compatible between models it's likely these guys came up with it on their own and used this race as a test for it. I'm just speculating on that though. It was definitely cool to see out there!

good to know, thanks for the info. Did talk to JC at Cauilla a few weeks ago and he said to wait a bit. Also mentioned over 55 hp with ECU and other stuff? Guess we will see when he gets home from Dakar

8 minutes ago, DEGBTI said:

good to know, thanks for the info. Did talk to JC at Cauilla a few weeks ago and he said to wait a bit. Also mentioned over 55 hp with ECU and other stuff? Guess we will see when he gets home from Dakar

Yeah, should be soon. I'm interested to see Ricky's NHHA bike for this year

Works pretty well, popped some on deceleration but I was on rev limiter in third. I really liked 6th gear. Bike feels super light. It was dark and frosty at my place. Just was breaking it in. Then installed the Rekluse and broke it in.Tightened header pipe. Now I am stuck at pesky job for a whole week. There are a few things that have to go. Side covers on engine. PITA.air canister and that goofy thermostat. But I will leave that to the pros to figure out.I think I will remove the charcoal canister come spring. There is a few pounds that can be shed pretty easily. I love it. Its new and MINE! My .0220190115_180134.jpeg

9 minutes ago, KEITH OLSON said:

Works pretty well, popped some on deceleration but I was on rev limiter in third. I really liked 6th gear. Bike feels super light. It was dark and frosty at my place. Just was breaking it in. Then installed the Rekluse and broke it in.Tightened header pipe. Now I am stuck at pesky job for a whole week. There are a few things that have to go. Side covers on engine. PITA.air canister and that goofy thermostat. But I will leave that to the pros to figure out.I think I will remove the charcoal canister come spring. There is a few pounds that can be shed pretty easily. I love it. Its new and MINE! My .0220190115_180134.jpeg

Is that an aftermarket seat or just the cover? One question....is it SOFT?! lol

Is that an aftermarket seat or just the cover? One question....is it SOFT?! lol
Yes, soft suede for my fattass.20190115_121900.jpeg

17 minutes ago, KEITH OLSON said:

very cool! did you get to ride it with the stock exhaust? Is the yosh much lighter? did the popping go away after tightening the header?

I already ditched the charcoal canister and the clear air pump tank. easy. 

very cool! did you get to ride it with the stock exhaust? Is the yosh much lighter? did the popping go away after tightening the header?

I already ditched the charcoal canister and the clear air pump tank. easy. 
No I did not ride it with the stock exhaust. When I was out riding the other day I ran into another new 450x.( I was on my 05.) I could tell it was super restricted. Yoshi is lighter....How much? Not sure. I would guess, half as much.I did not ride after I tightened header. It got too late.I will open up air box also.I would like to get a few rides on it before I remove all the weight. Due to warranty stuff. In case something goes wrong...First year anything... And I have the darnedest luck.Does that make sense?20190115_122402.jpeg

very nice, thanks for the info. That looks to be about the amount of cash to buy that Rekluse!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KEITH OLSON said:

Curious to what the problem with thermostat is? With the Yosh pipe, will you need to mess with ecu? Nice bike!

Curious to what the problem with thermostat is? With the Yosh pipe, will you need to mess with ecu? Nice bike!
The thermostat is over engineered and personally I see a potential problem with tipping over on rock and breaking off. Being it is on the side of the engine. Just my pet peeve. Too many hose connections. Yoshi told me back in Oct. they were designing it work on stock ECU.20190117_051905.jpeg

The thermostat is over engineered and personally I see a potential problem with tipping over on rock and breaking off. Being it is on the side of the engine. Just my pet peeve. Too many hose connections. Yoshi told me back in Oct. they were designing it work on stock ECU.20190117_051905.thumb.jpeg.c07054bd5efe184568f036f1ae9e78d5.jpeg
7 locations that I count for potential water leaks In such a concentrated area to keep an eye on. Just backwoods observation. It will be overcome. I liked the idea of the other bikes head possibly, only time will tell. My pockets arent deep enough after the purchase and all the goodies and still need to plate it.20190117_092857.jpeg

1 hour ago, KEITH OLSON said:

7 locations that I count for potential water leaks In such a concentrated area to keep an eye on. Just backwoods observation. It will be overcome. I liked the idea of the other bikes head possibly, only time will tell. My pockets arent deep enough after the purchase and all the goodies and still need to plate it.20190117_092857.jpeg

someone will make plugs you can buy at some point to eliminate all of this. Dont need it on the X

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KEITH OLSON said:

The thermostat is over engineered and personally I see a potential problem with tipping over on rock and breaking off. Being it is on the side of the engine. Just my pet peeve. Too many hose connections. Yoshi told me back in Oct. they were designing it work on stock ECU.20190117_051905.jpeg

Thanks, I see what you're talking about. Doesn't look easy to remove to me?