Best looking footpegs on the market

Did a review on the flo motorsports jet fuel finished footpegs. 

Rode em hard for 3 months and did my best to make them fail. They're still going strong.

20190115_185603.jpg.20cf099b8c312f72052e7fc5a52ce639.jpg

Perfect amount of grip. Not super sharp, and far from dull. Self cleaning. Wider than stock. Replaceable towers. Lifetime warranty. Sickest styling on the planet. Made by Riders, for Riders.

• Helpful 1

I have a set of their red anodized pegs (about 5-7 hours of ride time), and really like them. I agree with your comments on the grip, definitely grippier than stock, and have not torn my boots up as of yet.

Don't know if they have a different finishing process for the jet fuel finish, but mine have lost some of the finish on the very edge, due to a couple of drops in the corners. I wouldn't expect anything to retain the finish under similar circumstances though, so I don't think its a big deal.

I have tested the strength of them a couple times so far (bottomed pretty hard due to both coming up short on a triple, and on another occasion over jumping a big table). I wasn't sure how they would hold up being aluminum, but so far, so good.

Also agree that they look pretty sick.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

This just brings up the thought again, why are footpegs so stupid expensive?

These are $135. I think, especially with flo motorsports, you get what you pay for. Pegs are your only link to the motorcycle. A peg failure could be legitimately deadly. 

The market would price them out if the value was out of balance with retail price. Instead they are growing rapidly. I know I feel confident knowing these guys made my pegs. 

They might not be of commensurate value in your eyes, but i think there's a market for premium hard parts like this. ??

6 minutes ago, Freemotion said:

These are $135. I think, especially with flo motorsports, you get what you pay for. Pegs are your only link to the motorcycle. A peg failure could be legitimately deadly. 

The market would price them out if the value was out of balance with retail price. Instead they are growing rapidly. I know I feel confident knowing these guys made my pegs. 

They might not be of commensurate value in your eyes, but i think there's a market for premium hard parts like this. ??

These are not the most expensive by any means.  Looking at it from a material and construction standpoint there really isn't much there, though.  Maybe R&D costs, I don't know.

7 hours ago, Freemotion said:

Oh right on man! The edges of mine have eventually worn too, but I expected them to be silver aluminum by now with what I do to them. All in all, I like them and think the traction is just perfect. 

What color finish you got on yours? 

I got the red ones (I have a CRF).

• Like 1

This just brings up the thought again, why are footpegs so stupid expensive?

Lots of angles for the CNC to cut, tapped threads for each tooth, anodizing, good fitment. I don't like it either, but $135 doesn't seem crazy to me.

Last pegs I bought were some DRC’s for my DRZ, which were about $50. They bent on their first minor drop. Granted, a DRZ is a heavy bike, but they should hold up to a small drop no problem.

• Like 2

Don't forget to factor in the cost of rent, utilities, insurance, all sorts of never ending taxes, equipment, maintenance, payroll, marketing, all while actually making a living worth your time at the end of the day.

I might go a little cheaper on a non-critical accessories, but for stuff like this, cost is definitely behind performance and durability. I stopped paying for cable TV a few years ago, so the $135 for the pegs is easy. ?

@Freemotion what IS the jet fuel finish? Would love to know more about what it is and how they do it. I've seen it on bicycle frames:

jetfuelbike58a9e28540.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tyler90 said:

@Bryan Bosch i wonder if it is the same process as they do to stainless steel slides and barrels on firearms. It is called PVD or Physical Vapor Deposition. Chameleon is the common name of the jet fuel colorway

I found this on a mtb site:

It's Plasma Vapour Deposition. They stick the part in a revolving carousel type thing and it gets blasted with vapourised metal that condenses onto the part. It is very very expensive to run a batch so you really need to pack out the machine with parts. Something like stems you can rack quite a few in there so the cost isnt too crazy, but it is still much higher than normal anodising etc.

PVD and CVD coatings are not nearly as expensive as it used to be when mostly only overseas companies were offering it. (EPA regulations)  A set of 20" wheels can be pvd coated for $200 (solid colors, black chrome etc). 

A used pvd setup for commercial purposes is going to run $120k +

On 1/16/2019 at 4:31 PM, Bryan Bosch said:

Don't forget to factor in the cost of rent, utilities, insurance, all sorts of never ending taxes, equipment, maintenance, payroll, marketing, all while actually making a living worth your time at the end of the day.

I might go a little cheaper on a non-critical accessories, but for stuff like this, cost is definitely behind performance and durability. I stopped paying for cable TV a few years ago, so the $135 for the pegs is easy. ?

@Freemotion what IS the jet fuel finish? Would love to know more about what it is and how they do it. I've seen it on bicycle frames:

jetfuelbike58a9e28540.jpg

Sick bike man!  I want one...

On 1/15/2019 at 9:27 PM, Freemotion said:

Did a review on the flo motorsports jet fuel finished footpegs. 

Rode em hard for 3 months and did my best to make them fail. They're still going strong.

20190115_185603.jpg.20cf099b8c312f72052e7fc5a52ce639.jpg

Perfect amount of grip. Not super sharp, and far from dull. Self cleaning. Wider than stock. Replaceable towers. Lifetime warranty. Sickest styling on the planet. Made by Riders, for Riders.

They look like a Pro Moto Billet Evo-Air Copy.