southcarolina Where to ride with all the rain and government shutdown

I am just getting back into trail riding and would love some help finding places to ride. Does anyone know any place to trail ride within a couple of hours of the upstate of sc with all of the weather and government shutdown?

All of the places that I have talked to that are private seem to have a partial or full trail shut down due to all of the rain we have had, and also have some trails closed due to not being able to maintain the trails(rutting out bad, and erosion) due to weather. 

As for the ORV trails, some are closed due to the time of the year and some are closed due to the government shutdown. The ORV trails in SC, GA, and NC that I have found seem to be closed. 

Thanks for your help. 

The place is huge and has alot of things going for it but they really need to make a new mx track imo .they could make it better at least for the price hike . 

I am just getting back into trail riding and would love some help finding places to ride. Does anyone know any place to trail ride within a couple of hours of the upstate of sc with all of the weather and government shutdown?
All of the places that I have talked to that are private seem to have a partial or full trail shut down due to all of the rain we have had, and also have some trails closed due to not being able to maintain the trails(rutting out bad, and erosion) due to weather. 
As for the ORV trails, some are closed due to the time of the year and some are closed due to the government shutdown. The ORV trails in SC, GA, and NC that I have found seem to be closed. 
Thanks for your help. 
The Democrats offices!

1 minute ago, Rasta Papa said:
11 hours ago, craigtbrooks said:
Thanks for your help. 

Read more  

The Democrats offices!

Yea, you gotta love them

I went to CAW two weeks ago with another TT member and it was VERY muddy. I'm sure its better with a little less rain lately but still not worth the $40 entry fee IMO. I keep hoping that Enoree will open early this spring since they've effectively been closed since mid October, but that's not a realistic expectation. My plan is to find the POC for Enoree and offering to come help with trail maintenance this spring to help get things going. Parson's mountain- same thing.

There is the Gulches in Clinton and I used to go jeeping over there but I bet its the same as CAW - pretty muddy.

Friends and family went to Durhamtown in GA for a MX race but with all the rain expected today that's a no-go for me.

Makes me miss how great the trails were at Enoree at the end of last summer.

Are you in the midlands Craig?

Edited by Augoose

Augoose, I talked to a friend and was told that CAW was a muddy mess and that they are trying to do some trail work, but with the rain not draining and people still using it, they have been fighting an uphill battle. I am going to wait until things settle out there to go. 

As for Enoree in years past I have talked to the lady who is the POC and offered to help with trail maintenance and she said that she would put me on her email list, but I have gotten an email.  I am sure that they will want more help this year due to the rain. I think they do it in Feb Or March, not positive though. If I hear from here I will post it and PM you. I will also try and contact her now and when the shutdown is over if I have not heard from her. 

I have not ridden Gulches or Parsons Mountian. Have you been to RGT up near Columbia? 

I was going to go to Durhamtown this weekend but did not go due to they said that a lot of the trails are underwater and the ones that are open are rutted badly. I have some friend there for the MX race and am interested to see what they say the conditions of the trail are. 

I am in the upstate almost in NC. The trails in NC are in just as bad if not worse shape as ours. I am thinking about going up to Waynesville and riding up there or on the gravel and dirt roads. I know some good gravel roads up there that connect to the Max Patch area. There are some good jeep roads up that way as well. 

Thanks, if you happen to hear from her or hear about volunteer stuff, I'd appreciate it if you could pass it on.

I've never heard of RGT. Where is it?

I haven't heard a track report from Durhamtown, but with all the mud this weekend it had to have been a mess.

Do you have to be plated to ride the roads? I'm dying to find some trails/roads not covered in mud!

I will keep you posted on volunteer stuff. Most of the OHV when you volunteer you get a year pass, so it is a win win. 

RGT is ride grow is actually gtr, my bad here is a link. https://www.gtrcomplex.com/  It is near Columbia if I am not mistaken.  I have not been yet, but it is Robbie Neely from Neelys racing KTM that used to be in Spartanburg and his grandsons Cole.  Robbie Neely is a great guy.

I am waiting to hear a full report from my friend who went to Durhamtown

Yes you have to be plated to ride the forest service roads. If you are plated you are more than welcome to join me sometime.