Good News Only

I have paid for my CRF250X and pick it up this week! ?

I'm really excited, but the flood of negative and bad news posts is taking a little bit of the fun out of getting the bike.

I'd like to hear anything anyone has to say that is positive about the X and R models. Maybe a great day at the track, fantastic powerband, Honda reliability, how sweet the bike looks, how light is, you name it.

The majority of owners have to be pumped, and I wanted to hear about it. :D

It's good to focus on the positive! Especially now that I'm committed to one of these cool machines. :D

KH

PS. I do feel for anyone with issues as well, but save it for another post.

Dont second guess yourself.

You are worried about what?

You have read the posts on break in.

You know you are going to check adjust critical engine stuff like you are supposed to......remember this isnt an XR100.

I read every post here, its my job!

?

Not really sure what you are scared about now.....

You done right!!!!

Congrats!

HR

:D

:D

Bone stock X with less than 100 miles of trail + one hare scramble -- no problems, and no smoke or excessive oil consumption, and no starting issues. The bike's weight distribution makes it feel much lighter than a WR. I added Flatland Racing rad guards & skidplate -- the rad guards have paid for themselves already.

broke mine in over the weekend. 25 miles at a easy pace. Then put another 75 at A vet race speed. Changed oil filter, oil and tranny oil at 50. Rode NJ sand with whoops, braking bumps, root balls. DID NOT EVEN TOUCH THE SETTINGS. 195 lb w/o gear. OH! I had to move the shifter up one notch. It is close to an XR4 on slim fast. ?

I love my 250X too. This is my first "real" dirt bike. I just upgraded from a 93 xr250L dual sport. The dual sport was nice, but the X is a blast to ride.

I have added a skid plate, Flatlander radiator guards, hand guards, motor guards, rear brake guards, a tool bag, and a Trail Tech computer. I haven't yet done any mods to the engine or exhaust. It already has more power than I am used to.

My only problem so far is that the stupid owner (me) stripped the threads when installing a new oil filter. My first time using a torque wrench (so I could do it right) and I messed it up. I pick it up from the shop this afternoon (they fixed my stripped threads) and head for Moab Thursday morning. I can't wait!!!!!

killer , no one rides these things as hard or harder than i do , ive experienced none of the problems that some of the post you have read about , ill say it one more time , ride the bike, clean the bike , race the bike, love the bike , enjoy the bike , its the best one out there ive owned them all, trust ol $ly he kno's ?

I agree with $ly on this one! Hondas are the best out of the Big 5 by far! I have a CRF250R and it is the BEST bike that I have ever ridden! ? Great powerband and I have no problem starting it at all.(I'm 14years old!) You have made the right choice! Two thumbs up :D:D

killer , no one rides these things as hard or harder than i do , ive experienced none of the problems that some of the post you have read about , ill say it one more time , ride the bike, clean the bike , race the bike, love the bike , enjoy the bike , its the best one out there ive owned them all, trust ol $ly he kno's ?

Conversley, I suck and ride slow both on the trail and the track. I broke it in has hard as I know how and have experienced no oil issues. It lugs if you wannto....it twists out if you wannto.... It does not over heat (KAW-SUZ) As far as the e-start X..... I just started my R with my hand....NO KIDDING!!! So dont buy an X for the convienience of starting alone. The X is set up differently in terms of suspension and powerband. My esteemed collegue told me it is much easier to make a motocross bike a trail bike than it is to make a trail bike into a motocross bike. So buy either and be afraid of neither !!! :D

Steve

Are there any A or B Enduro Riders/fast trail riders riding an X at altitude.

Is the power still strong at 5000ft+? My 250F ran strong up here. I'm hoping the X with the free mods and quiet exhaust is close.

My YZ250 2-stroke rips at altitude and is pretty easy to ride in the trees. The little thumper should be mellower more effortless. A different buzz, if you will.

Thanks for all of the "positive" posts. ?

KH

Collected my X a couple of weeks ago, ran it in around the field for an hour. Thought it was a bit tame compared to my FE450 Husaberg. Did another half hour a few days later and comfirmed my thoughts, it is a bit tame, but I did appear to be getting around the circuit faster than before ?

Went to our local enduro practice track with a couple of mates for the day, got the suspension dialled in (cheers Rob) and put 100km on the clock. The outcome? Everyone thought it was tame, but none of them could catch me on it. All bar one felt they covered the ground faster, but felt like they were riding slower.

Ultimate test came last Sunday, in a very tough woods enduro called the Greythwaite in Cumbria. The winner of the Sportsman class last year was on a trials bike! My average speed that day for one lap, was 8 mph, before houring out.

This year I finished, but having made a woeful special test time, only got 10th in class (sportsman)

I came away with a lot more respect for the Honda. It didn't miss a beat, pulled me up some monster rocky hills, ploughed through some bottomless bogs (not all, unfortunately) and bounced off quite a lot of rock and timber. I haven't had chance to check the oil usage yet, so can't comment on that, but the bike is absolutely stock, as it came from the shop. I have only put handguards on it as yet, but I have the JD kit, and my sumpguard & trailtech arrived today. These will go on in time, but the exhaust stays.

I write lengthy reports on another forum, but not too sure how 2000 word drivel goes down on here.

Cheers

Mark