tyler90

Let's hear about your favorite modification or aftermarket part!

Seems like most of the general dirt bike discussions as of late have been centered around the idea of what's the best ____. So i figured, let's mix it up a little, while staying on the same train of thought...

Very few of us keep our bikes completely stock. Out of everything you have done to your bike, what one aftermarket part or custom modification have you made and installed that really stands out to you?

Please list the bike if for example the mod is specific to ergos

Some ideas: windscreens, tall/low seats, rally fairings, GPS, grip/seat heaters, wrap around handguards, pipe guards, lock-on grips, shinko fatty tires lol and rotella :p (momore $ for mo mods) hahaha

I'll start, teflon tape wrapped around the bar where the clutch and front brake perch clamp down keeps my levers from breaking by allowing them to rotate away in a crash.

Edited by tyler90
Clarity
  • Like 3

Not a modification or anything but even after so many I love rebuilding the top and bottom ends and generally restoring old bikes putting a oem part from 30 years ago back onto a bike and it’s looks like it was exactly on the show room 30 years ago it’s a cool feeling

• Like 13
  • Helpful 1

Im currently working on the best modification. ME!!!!!
After two years of recovering for a busted up shoulder and leg and several surgeries. Im converting one of the kids old rooms to a gym. And bought a bicycle too!

• Like 9
  • Helpful 1

I think the best bolt on so far is the LHRB havent used it yet but maybe i wont crash so much on those steep down hill sections that scared me before. Maybe!

• Like 2

Seems like most of the general dirt bike discussions as of late have been centered around the idea of what's the best ____. So i figured, let's mix it up a little, while staying on the same train of thought...
Very few of us keep our bikes completely stock. Out of everything you have done to your bike, what one aftermarket part or custom modification have you made and installed that really stands out to you?
Please list the bike if for example the mod is specific to ergos
Some ideas: windscreens, tall/low seats, rally fairings, GPS, grip/seat heaters, wrap around handguards, pipe guards, lock-on grips, shinko fatty tires lol and rotella :p (momore $ for mo mods) hahaha
I'll start, teflon tape wrapped around the bar where the clutch and front brake perch clamp down keeps my levers from breaking by allowing them to rotate away in a crash.

Teflon tape as in like plumber’s tape?
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tahoe Gator said:

Teflon tape as in like plumber’s tape?

Correct. It works like a charm!1547682773163609866448523824232.thumb.jpg.1ba63d107bc55b1700040c705af9de1a.jpg

Edited by tyler90
  • Like 2

I'm adding grab straps F+R to my list of custom favorites after being reminded by reading general rider info for a local ama sanctioned endurocross event stating, "Off-Road straps for the seat and/or lower triple clamp is recommended in all classes." Yes, yes they are.

Edited by tyler90
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Grant said:

I think the best bolt on so far is the LHRB havent used it yet but maybe i wont crash so much on those steep down hill sections that scared me before. Maybe!

Thanks for reminding me I should go to the gym right now😅

• Like 2

Haven't put it on yet, but have a set of FMF 4.1 RCT duals, with the titanium header arriving shortly...

Pretty pumped.

• Like 1

Whoa. I can't tell you right now. I'm in the process of rebuilding my bike from top to bottom. So I can't say yet. This list is too long to say here. But I did just pick this up about an hour ago. 

20190116_192553.jpg

• Like 3