no go, see ya next time

It's raining like hell this week but sunny next week and I am recovering from another skin cancer spot surgery. SO next Saturday Jan 26 should be a go for a ride, but due to GovT shutdown guess where it is.

Edited by World Famous bigbob

OH MY God!

I saw this name and had to laugh!

😘

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey it’s World Famous Superslyko

We are the only OGs left around here

full week of dry weather next week.  This Jan 26 ride is on!  somewhere...... 

On 1/16/2019 at 6:18 PM, World Famous bigbob said:

Hey it’s World Famous Superslyko

We are the only OGs left around here

@World Famous bigbobBob what year did you and Slyko start ThumperTalk ?

We took over the reins of silly town from EGO. But real talk was led by fryboy, Cisco , DP400, blue one, the legendary ones, when they faded it was left to me and slyko to carry the torch
Now the torch belongs to the SoCal hard enduro guys
Time marches on

14 minutes ago, World Famous bigbob said:

We took over the reins of silly town from EGO. But real talk was led by fryboy, Cisco , DP400, blue one, the legendary ones, when they faded it was left to me and slyko to carry the torch
Now the torch belongs to the SoCal hard enduro guys
Time marches on

But when was that ?

I will tell you this: these SoCal hard core enduro riders are very good riders but they ain’t fast

Cisco is fast

It's raining like hell this week but sunny next week and I am recovering from another skin cancer spot surgery. SO next Saturday Jan 26 should be a go for a ride, but due to GovT shutdown guess where it is.

Government Shutdown Ride....classy!!

We have moved this ride to Sunday Jan 27.  Still not sure of the route with all the winter seasonal and govt shutdown trail closures.  Thinking  50/50 dual sport ride somewhere around GT or FH.  did mammoth bar ever open up any more trail? last time I sent there, it sucked worse then worm shit.    But if they finally re opened some trail, ??    will call them and ask.  the area is open on Mondays in the winter, maybe I will drive out there and check it out if they are Not closed due to MLK day, but I could drive up to FH to scout out a fining mill rd DS route too

Edited by World Famous bigbob

9 hours ago, World Famous bigbob said:

We have moved this ride to Sunday Jan 27.  Still not sure of the route with all the winter seasonal and govt shutdown trail closures.  Thinking  50/50 dual sport ride somewhere around GT or FH.  did mammoth bar ever open up any more trail? last time I sent there, it sucked worse then worm shit.    But if they finally re opened some trail, ??    will call them and ask.  the area is open on Mondays in the winter, maybe I will drive out there and check it out if they are Not closed due to MLK day, but I could drive up to FH to scout out a fining mill rd DS route too

What's the verdict? When and where for stage? I'm guessing that FH will be slick mud.  

don't know yet, gonna do snow level research tomorrow

• Like 1

This ride is canceled . Snow in town will melt this warm week, but not deeper snow on the trails which are higher up. And probably lots of new tree fall too
IMG_2596.JPGIMG_2605.JPGIMG_2606.JPG

48 minutes ago, World Famous bigbob said:

This ride is canceled . Snow in town will melt this warm week, but not deeper snow on the trails which are higher up. And probably lots of new tree fall too
IMG_2596.JPGIMG_2605.JPGIMG_2606.JPG

Bummer. Thanks for checking it out. I'm open to a Chickadee to MR ride but you don't like to go up there on Sundays. Desert is the place to go when it's shitty here 

2 hours ago, World Famous bigbob said:

Your next bike?IMG_2614.JPG

Been there done that. No response about MR?

Foresthill isn't looking any better.  

1st pic is about 1/2 mile down Finning Mill rd.  3rd pic is in downtown Foresthill

IMG_2436.thumb.jpg.703b2db4c1ac60c45011d5c5e1748251.jpgIMG_2438.jpg.7acf9ea72dce54b9cf750cd6b73b01b8.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

Edited by f12517
  • Like 1

I am Not in a strong enough want to ride mood for an MR trip this Saturday. Next time

• Like 1