454x

Lock on grips and full wrap hand guards?

On 1/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, Beta300recat said:

Oof, those give me armpump PTSD from 2003. Decent for trail riding, but at that time our racing consisted of pounding sand whoops for 100 miles. 

I've been running the pro soft ODI lock on grips, they're decent, very convenient, though I still prefer the renthal kevlar grips.

8 hours ago, 454x said:

The Protaper pillow top lock on grips worked well.

maybe i'm missing it but which cam works for the Beta RR? i might try these in full diamond.

8 hours ago, Sideways91 said:

I've been running the pro soft ODI lock on grips, they're decent, very convenient, though I still prefer the renthal kevlar grips.

the Renthal Kevlar grips have been my favorite for the last two or three sets as well. tired of glue and want to try lock-ons but hate soft/fat grips.

11 hours ago, Sideways91 said:

Oof, those give me armpump PTSD from 2003. Decent for trail riding, but at that time our racing consisted of pounding sand whoops for 100 miles. 

Grip size and hand size need to go hand in hand; small grips give me arm pump due to my size 11 hands. 

3 hours ago, typeone said:

maybe i'm missing it but which cam works for the Beta RR? i might try these in full diamond.

the Renthal Kevlar grips have been my favorite for the last two or three sets as well. tired of glue and want to try lock-ons but hate soft/fat grips.

It should come with the necessary cam, its the same as pre 17? KTM 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sideways91 said:

It should come with the necessary cam, its the same as pre 17? KTM 

cool, thanks!

47 minutes ago, randysoo said:

It looks like the lock-on grips come with a throttle cam on the throttle side. Is that so?

Yes. they usually come with multiple cams for different bikes.

On 1/29/2019 at 11:56 PM, 454x said:

The Protaper pillow top lock on grips worked well.20190128_190056.jpeg20190128_190106.jpeg

did your Pillow Tops have end caps you could pop out for use with hand guards?

i ordered the Half Waffle style and there aren't end caps like i read about in the demo vid comments on YT. guess i will need to drill them out (?)

Edited by typeone