My Honda 100r was just working perfectly fine 2 days ago. But yesterday i tried turning it on and it started leaking gas. I cleaned the carburetor and all but it’s still leaking. Any help?

Edited: it’s leaking from the bottom of the bowl, i took out the floats out and cleaned them and the carburetor . But we actually did go mudding so its probably clogged up

My Honda 100r was just working perfectly fine 2 days ago. But yesterday i tried turning it on and it started leaking gas. I clean the carburetor and all but it’s still leaking. Any help?

• Like 1

You didn't specify where it's leaking from. Is it coming from the petcock? Or from the carb overflow? 

If it's not the float like socal suggested, you could have a grain of sand or some other junk clogging a passage in the carb. You might need to do a deeper cleaning, make sure you're able to spray carb cleaner through any and all openings 

You didn't specify where it's leaking from. Is it coming from the petcock? Or from the carb overflow? 
If it's not the float like socal suggested, you could have a grain of sand or some other junk clogging a passage in the carb. You might need to do a deeper cleaning, make sure you're able to spray carb cleaner through any and all openings 

My apologies. It’s the bottom of the bowl

Probably the float is stuck.  

How do you adjust the float height? I heard you have to bend something, but I’m not really sure if that’s true.

This video should be all you need. Sometimes the float can be stuck but its actually the needle valve more often. In order to truly clean the carb you have to take it apart anyhow so may as well check the float height while you have it apart.

Edited by FightingRed