TigerTanker

Following The Coug on his Beta 500

Super tight technical terrain, wooded forest, muddy, roots, up and down hills.... I was chasing The Coug, while I'm on my Husky 300..... I'm able to keep up with him but doubt I could have passed him. I've tried that bike too, and very impressive for a "big bike" to be that capable in the hands of a skilled rider in the gnar. 

@cougbike

Nice riding the other day buddy! 

• Like 5

Haha   I do love my Beta.  Thanks for leading some great rides already and so many more good ones to come...    Oh Frank is setting me up with a Tubliss as we speak....

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Here's some video of Coug on his Beta. I'm on my Husky, my video.  

Great vid to show the Pacific North Wet.  Tahuya at it's finest.   We can swim but sure as hell can't boulder....yet!   @TigerTanker

• Like 3

I was thinking the same thing shrub. He is looking for a big 4 stroke and i think either the 390 or 430 would fit him just fine.

• Like 1

Tiger vs the Beta trolls would be classic! WWE Royal Rumble! 

Yes, Tiger on a Beta is a fantastic idea! Let's make it happen! 

• Like 1

I’m already down for a 2018 fe450, will be picking up first week of February. But the Beta is a mighty fine bike. 

I think we should let Tiger into the NW Beta fold. He says he wants to replace his 300... :ride:

If you struggle at Tahuya you are not Beta worthy ;)
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

If you struggle at Tahuya you are not Beta worthy ;)

He’s made an effort to improve! Bee sting hill or whatever, can be climbed easy but they tried to make it harder. I think he’s realized the error of his ways and is now riding elsewhere with challenge galore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerTanker said:

I’m already down for a 2018 fe450, will be picking up first week of February. But the Beta is a mighty fine bike. 

Oh man, just because the Husky matches your heritage doesn't mean you have to buy one, lol. 

That'll be a great bike I'm sure, but secretly would like to see you on the Italian princess! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firffighter said:

Oh man, just because the Husky matches your heritage doesn't mean you have to buy one, lol. 

That'll be a great bike I'm sure, but secretly would like to see you on the Italian princess! 

I am probably buying another bike in the next 12 months.  Would love to hit some demo days for beta. The new fe450 is one bike to rule them all, but a special situation bike for extreme gnar is probably next. But I’m sick of my 2 stroke woes.  

32 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

I am probably buying another bike in the next 12 months.  Would love to hit some demo days for beta. The new fe450 is one bike to rule them all, but a special situation bike for extreme gnar is probably next. But I’m sick of my 2 stroke woes.  

Interesting, most would put your TE300 at the top of the heap as a go to gnar bike. You're not liking the 2-stroke? 

There's some guys who can rock the thumpers in the nasty terrain, but most would welcome the light weight and low end grunt of the 300. I know you've got a lot of seat time and tons of hours in the most difficult NW riding so just curious your thoughts on why not the 300 2-stroke? 

If I were only ridng places like Walker, Tahuya singletrack, and the high elevation stuff I'd really consider the X Trainer with an upgraded suspension. The ultimate nasty NW terrain bike. 

• Like 1

That was pretty cool seeing somebody riding my setup (Beta 500 and GT's) thru the gnar. Now Im running a m5b on the back for YPL and Jawbone but I ran the GT fatty/dominator combo for this past year and some change. Its a great combo and DOT approved!

The big girl does great in the rocks. I think it's the cheater of the all the big bore 4's.

• Like 1

I wish we had such nice wide smooth bunny trails like that around here. I would be great for the little kids and wives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting, most would put your TE300 at the top of the heap as a go to gnar bike. You're not liking the 2-stroke? 
There's some guys who can rock the thumpers in the nasty terrain, but most would welcome the light weight and low end grunt of the 300. I know you've got a lot of seat time and tons of hours in the most difficult NW riding so just curious your thoughts on why not the 300 2-stroke? 
If I were only ridng places like Walker, Tahuya singletrack, and the high elevation stuff I'd really consider the X Trainer with an upgraded suspension. The ultimate nasty NW terrain bike. 

Walker is nothing like Tahuya, let’s get that straight!
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

Walker is nothing like Tahuya, let’s get that straight!

I'm aware, my point was Tiger rides GP, Teanaway, Naches, Foggy Dew, etc. all locations with gnarly steep technical terrain where most would prefer a 300 2-stroke. 

I've ridden Tahuya (the non mapped singletrack) and realize it doesn't have the steep obstacle laiden terrain like Walker. 

But, I was simply curious about the issues and not preferring the 300. 

• Like 2

I'm aware, my point was Tiger rides GP, Teanaway, Naches, Foggy Dew, etc. all locations with gnarly steep technical terrain where most would prefer a 300 2-stroke. 

I've ridden Tahuya (the non mapped singletrack) and realize it doesn't have the steep obstacle laiden terrain like Walker. 

But, I was simply curious about the issues and not preferring the 300. 

Totally man, i was just messing around. Tahuya has its place and can be fun, and I agree, 300s are great in all the places you mentioned.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

Totally man, i was just messing around. Tahuya has its place and can be fun, and I agree, 300s are great in all the places you mentioned.

2 fiddy got giddy 

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 1