TTR 125 Knocks

Hey everybody, I recently got a early 2000s ttr125 when I bought another bike. I wasn't really concerned with it, I probably wouldn't have bought it except I wanted the other bike. Well I've sold my other bikes and I've run out of projects, so I pulled it out of the back of the shop the other day. When I got it, the guy told me it needed a top end, and it was very low of compression, so I really never tried to crank it. After problems arising with my other bike, I wouldn't be surprised if he knew it was knocking and didn't tell me. Well, I put a top end on it, and got it to fire. Annnnd it knocks. I believe it's from the bottom end, as I just put a new cylinder and piston on. It also has an oil leak, perhaps he ran it out of oil and messed something up. Anyways, I've really never dealt with a knock, how do I find out what the problem is? And what's it worth if I sell it as is, knocking and all? Thanks in advance

Do the simple calculations, see how much a bottom end OEM or aftermarket will cost, and compare it to how much your bike is going for on kijiji or craigslist.

If it is not worth it EX. Bottom end / crank / bearings / seals = 500$   |   ttr125 = 700$ 
I wouldn't be worth it in my eyes, doing countless of hours on it.

Knocking would be the bottom end for sure, do some research.

Of course value changes by area, but in South Carolina I woudn't feel comfortable asking more than $350. Assuming everything else is in good shape.

For reference, I've bought three TTR's lately - all between $450 and $1,000. The $450 needed a carb rebuild and that was it. The $1,000 needed nothing.

Good luck

A bottom end kit is at most 300 so I mean you could just get out of it when you sell the bike