Plan for the best. Prepare for the worst

Haha i carry a 25' piece of climbers rope.
In a past life at bandcamp, we had to form a human chain to pull my bike out of the river by the beuamont chicken ranch. My group took off and instead of riding i was being cool talking to some chicks i brung there just to party and leave behind and i figured id just wheely across and catch up. Nope. Hualed ass wheelied into the river and then Flew over the bars but never let go of the bike. ended up in neck deep water, So i wresteled the old cr450 back to the bank but we got swept down river and it was too steep to drag the bike out. Luckily i got some good friends and they came back and got me out. I Drained my bike out and the day was saved.
I Usually have the rope in my camelback ever since.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ERIO said:

Typical “engineer”

The only tool he can operate is a hammer

12 hours ago, World Famous bigbob said:

Mechanics are like ants, busy doing their job close to the ground. They look up in the sky at the bird flying over saying look at that engineer, so high up that he doesn’t know shit. The bird engineer looks down and says Ants. Ha! They aren’t even worth eating.

I need my wa wa pedal tonight IMG_2714.JPG
Get some EC on the stereo playing

14 hours ago, World Famous bigbob said:

New extended skid plate has arrived. Looks complicated IMG_2699.JPGIMG_2700.JPG

Too many bolts and only pictures for instructions. Oh well I am going inIMG_2702.JPG

Oops IMG_2711.thumb.JPG.69034fd9eecc804398be051cc62954fd.JPG

The thick rear clips do IMG_2707.thumb.JPG.254cad72f319f685c448ee37d1483dc0.JPGnot slide on, almost seems I need to use a mallot to bang them on. Stock clip is thinner and slides on

On 1/18/2019 at 5:46 PM, World Famous bigbob said:

Here I am trying to ride nice rides and mostly succeed at that lately but now and then I have learned the hard way to prepare for the worst. Now for the first time I have tugger straps front and back. The back one is home made super comfy and strong. The front one is a Tugger brand. Good item to have IMG_2574.JPG

On 1/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, schmo said:

By looking at the picture, I'm assuming the "why" is so someone can tell BigBoob to go back to the drawing board and look at how he mounted that front Tugger strap.  :facepalm:

On 1/18/2019 at 6:58 PM, its the Riddler said:

It's ok he is an engineer

On 1/19/2019 at 8:07 AM, World Famous bigbob said:

it's attached to my Husky forks above the fork bottom clamps, but the Tugger site shows it below the bottom clamp on a Husky and a Honda (who wants a Honda, that's the funny part), but look on a KTM the Tugger web site show it above the clamps.         So Einstein mechanics dip weeds, tell me again what is your F'ing problem with my Tugger strap install?    I placed it where I did because I foresee pulling the bike forward not lifting the front wheel.  

Husky tugger.jpg

Husky tugger 2.jpg

IMG_3735_sm-500x500.jpg

On 1/19/2019 at 10:26 AM, World Famous bigbob said:

The main issue with below clamp strap mounting is on the left side. Placing the strap loop there will cause lifting on the plastic break and speedo cable guide. No beuno beanie boys IMG_2578.thumb.JPG.429b87dd70088b270dac23587646e2bb.JPGIMG_2579.thumb.JPG.2681ead9ea9fa5de969e6673bc88b8b2.JPG

The strap has to be above that cable guide. So it stays where I put it. The strap is just a help not the total solution. Will still need to lift on bars and or roll front tire and or lift tire from rim grab at times too

One thing for sure, I have plenty experience at crashing in crap situations. This front tugger will be a help at times. Other times not

On 1/19/2019 at 11:07 AM, World Famous bigbob said:

And once again the Skipper has silenced the critics

I didn’t have to do much rock hounding to find this engineer is as bright as a wet candle

The only reason I bust chops of mechanics is because over 40 years of listening to some mechanics not all, always talking shit about engineers, I have grown grumpy about it and it’s a sore spot with me. I work with mechanical technicians all day now and some of them need to let go of their animosity. It’s take two wings for a plane to fly

• Like 1

There has always been that rub between the mechanical types and the engineering types...  but when you have displayed a certain ineptitude regarding things as minor as valve stems, tugger straps and skid plates just in the past week or so it's hard to come off as the superior being without getting a certain amount of crap from the monkey gallery.  

You must get that...  no ?  :excuseme:

Environmental Engineering is my degree from Cal Poly SLO. I hate environmentalists. They don’t know shit and the media hypes their shit, while real environmental needs go unknown and unsolved. Like for instance this global warming horseshit while Mexico and China dump tons of nasty poisons into the water and air and ground for 60 years and counting, yet the modern environmental greenie &%$#@! hate America - such bull

In real work life though I left environmental work and became a HVAC mechanical engineer. Not machine design but a thermo and fluids systems engineer. I design buildings. It pays the rent and their are serious subjects to deal with daily in the life of any engineer. But that is my work life. Pays the bills and on the weekends I live like a normal bloke