Mongo134

supercross 2019 Monster Energy Supercross_Round 3 (A2)...Smack Talk Thread

God these triple crown events always throw a wrench into my picks. Different format now with three 12 minute mains. Starts will be prime real estate with carnage behind. Cool heads prevail? 

Track conditions should be perfect this time.

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, wielywilly-g said:

I hope Tomac is not playing it safe today.

Depends how his starts go I think. 

40 minutes ago, KEITH OLSON said:

Hows Malcolm?

Broken femur

31 minutes ago, lowmass said:

ET will dominate

Tomac had an atrocious start at Glendale, missing shifts. I normally right in line with you but his spotty starts besides the one he had last week, have been keeping off the green wagon. 

I think this race might really challenge KREX. I think he is riding a very comfortable pace but tonight he will have to push, and we have not seen him do that yet.

JA looked awesome at Glendale and I think the track will play into his favor, but again he has to nail the start so I am not too confident he is going to do that.

I have to go with Barcia again. The track will have some moisture in it, he rode an excellent race at A1, not too worried about last week because the track was super slick. He is still only 1 point behind Roczen so he has no reason to feel down about last week. I think tonight plays mightly into his hand and he is very good on the starts.

I have to go with Colt Nichols for the lites. I watched him again last night and he looked very comfortable. He was hitting his marks and riding his race. AC either slows down and rides a good race, or he turns into a spaz and throws it away. DF can't stave his appetite for dirt and to my dismay, McElrath is making too many mistakes.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

Depends how his starts go I think. 

Yes he is kind of a bad starter and his bike or pants may fail so if he gets a bad start he may be screwed. 

If Wilson or Brayton get good starts the shorter format will help them.  Anderson, Kroc , Barcia are my picks . Don’t know how well Marv’s knee is yet and there are two whoop sections soooo??? 

And Hot Cold Coop who knows. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have KRoc for the overall tonight soly based on his starts. But I am really on the fence about bumping BamBam up to #1 as well. These may be his type of conditions. Tomac will be top 3. Anderson top 5 as well as Baggett. 

• Like 1

agree

I suspect ET has the speed  this season, BUT he also seems to understand now that unless he gets the start its best to be wise and live to fight another day. I suspect orders from on high are to get the plate by the END of season not necessarily win them all . However if the tracks good and ET is ON I see him charging through the pack.

I would be surprised if Barcia wins unless he gets the start and the faster guys are way back. Short races work in this favor too.

I personally don't like these short races. Too much ridding on a good start. Time for someone to come from behind makes for better racing with everyone trying to stay alive. Only time the short race is great is when someone is throwing all caution to the wind and charging at all cost.

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Mongo134 said:

God these triple crown events always throw a wrench into my picks. Different format now with three 12 minute mains. Starts will be prime real estate with carnage behind. Cool heads prevail? 

Track conditions should be perfect this time.

There us only 1 smart choice.

2 hours ago, lowmass said:

ET will dominate

Bahahaha there's 3 starts tonight.... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I predict carnage tonight. Almost wish I was there. Damn my mother in law from moving out of OC. Free room and board.....gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have 3 kids. My oldest is a Barcia fan, my 2nd oldest is a Musquin fan and my youngest says I'm the best racer ever. She's waaaaaay off but guess which one gets daddy love the most? :lol:

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, jz125 said:

JA looked awesome at Glendale.

That's a little generous. I'll give you that he looked better than A1 but awesome is a stretch. Bagget was all over him, passed on the outside and gapped him for the win. Anderson didn't even try to challenge him for the position after he got passed. 

Bagget looked awesome!

Edited by indy rider
  • Like 3

2 sets of whoops,,,,not good for MM so he'll probably win....lol...my picks though are KR, JA and........................................................Brayton followed by Tomac and Barcia

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Killed it

789729A1-C01B-4329-937E-3EADB702056D.png

It will be a night of the underdog.  Maybe.  LOL

2 hours ago, jetfuel said:

Yes he is kind of a bad starter and his bike or pants may fail so if he gets a bad start he may be screwed. 

If Wilson or Brayton get good starts the shorter format will help them.  Anderson, Kroc , Barcia are my picks . Don’t know how well Marv’s knee is yet and there are two whoop sections soooo??? 

And Hot Cold Coop who knows. 

I was debating on my sleeper. Brayton is very tempting!