2019 Monster Energy Supercross_Round 3 (A2)...Smack Talk Thread

1 hour ago, mick34 said:

He’s won more than half the races the last two years his speed wasn’t  and won’t be his issue it’s been is off nights that have been the issue the last few races have been off nights for him and still has only been off the podium once. That last main is the Eli that will turn up soon.

Its not off nights, its bad starts and not being able to work quickly through the level of talent in the field. His words, not mine. He needs better starts or the top 2-3 are checked out before he can do anything.

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

Its not off nights, its bad starts and not being able to work quickly through the level of talent in the field. His words, not mine. He needs better starts or the top 2-3 are checked out before he can do anything.

Tomac never said anything like that. Hes only said feeling comfortable with the track or not. Knowing when he can push or ride safe. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

Tomac never said anything like that. Hes only said feeling comfortable with the track or not. Knowing when he can push or ride safe. 

Oh..... OK. So when he says things like "I finally got a good start and had open air to run at my pace without fighting for positions"..... I'm reading between the lines wrong on his comment? You do know his pants go on one leg at a time too right? He's not a man amongst boys. 

Edited by Mongo134
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

Oh..... OK. So when he says things like "I finally got a good start and had open air to run at my pace without fighting for positions"..... I'm reading between the lines wrong on his comment? You do know his pants go on one leg at a time too right? He's not a man amongst boys. 

So in your definition what is making the most of a bad night then? 

48 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

Your not making yourself look good right now.

reminds me of a convention site I stayed at once.  They mostly do horse shows or horse actives there.  We camped on site and boy those shit flys got bad certain times of the day, came out in the thousands.

That's the other big draw to LL's Ranch....horses, lots of horses & their riders out on camping events.

17 hours ago, Mongo134 said:

17 hours ago, 777654321 said:

The first one was very unlike you. Did you have an issue?

Tomac
"I wasn’t riding good and I was tight. I got tight. I’ll be straight up honest. I was tight the last four or five laps. Rode like a goon, really. For where I started, there was no excuses to not be farther ahead than where I was. Then second one, that was a really bad start. So I got to clean up starts if I want to be better. Third one was kind of the clean air deal and rode like myself. It’s hard to get down on yourself because we’re right here in the championship. Years past I’ve been always digging myself out of a massive hole. So we’re in a great spot right now."

Edited by jetfuel
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 2

17 minutes ago, jetfuel said:

The first one was very unlike you. Did you have an issue?

Tomac
"I wasn’t riding good and I was tight. I got tight. I’ll be straight up honest. I was tight the last four or five laps. Rode like a goon, really. For where I started, there was no excuses to not be farther ahead than where I was. Then second one, that was a really bad start. So I got to clean up starts if I want to be better. Third one was kind of the clean air deal and rode like myself. It’s hard to get down on yourself because we’re right here in the championship. Years past I’ve been always digging myself out of a massive hole. So we’re in a great spot right now."

No, I just didn't mean it as a dig and more factual to his state of mind on the issue as many here see it. The talent is deep, much better starts are needed. Some people don't understand paraphrasing I guess.

Now..... The "Hahahahaha, Musquin just made Tomac his bitch" comment I made on race night was a dig. Not to ET, he rode great I thought but just to the swingers who think he's the best thing since sliced bread and Moose is a pile of dung.

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, dfesmire99 said:

That's the other big draw to LL's Ranch....horses, lots of horses & their riders out on camping events.

when I was there 1 time..  it was the old LLs, not the new expanded RV, 5 wheel gooseneck trailer, or trailer that everyone pulls in todays crowd.  The parking was not in farming land or condition, it was smaller and wooded .  It has expanded a lot now days for the newer toy haulers, back then only big name riders have rvs, few enclosed trailers & factory(s) were there.  I have read the parking is huge there now days for all the toy haulers.  back then we used 3 number system, now 2 digits.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Havingfun said:

when I was there 1 time..  it was the old LLs, not the new expanded RV, 5 wheel gooseneck trailer, or trailer that everyone pulls in todays crowd.  The parking was not in farming land or condition, it was smaller and wooded .  It has expanded a lot now days for the newer toy haulers, back then only big name riders have rvs, few enclosed trailers & factory(s) were there.  I have read the parking is huge there now days for all the toy haulers.  back then we used 3 number system, now 2 digits.  

Havingfun, when did you go to the ranch?? Here's a couple of overhead views of the track/surrounding area now.

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, dfesmire99 said:

Havingfun, when did you go to the ranch?? Here's a couple of overhead views of the track/surrounding area now.

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

nothing like that when I was there...  year was 86'....  pulling a snowmobile trailer converted to 3 bike hauler pulled by a la baron convertible.. I fit right in then.

I rem fouling my plug on the starting line (bad luck) & I was riding yam.  Seen a factory Honda tent right behind the starting line.  I begged and talked them into a plug, he ask where was my crew or help, I said you are looking at him.  I was thankful they swapped the plug out on my bike and got me going.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Havingfun said:
nothing like that when I was there...  year was 86'....  pulling a snowmobile trailer converted to 3 bike hauler pulled by a la baron convertible.. I fit right in then.
I rem fouling my plug on the starting line (bad luck) & I was riding yam.  Seen a factory Honda tent right behind the starting line.  I begged and talked them into a plug, he ask where was my crew or help, I said you are looking at him.  I was thankful they swapped the plug out on my bike and got me going.  

That was only 4 years after LL’s started. I would think you would have s field day visiting a national there now...bring back a bunch of memories!! You should plan a trip there the 1st week in August (7/29-8/3) for this year’s national!![emoji469][emoji469][emoji631][emoji631]

Edited by dfesmire99
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, dfesmire99 said:

That was only 4 years after LL’s started. I would think you would have s field day visiting a national there now...bring back s bunch of memories!! You should plan a trip there the 1st week in August (7/29-8/3) for this year’s national!!emoji469.pngemoji469.pngemoji631.pngemoji631.png

the parking area underwent a enlargement sometime after I was there to accommodate all the large rv's.  I know a former pro that raced there quite a bit, he never heard of the 3 number system and he's older then me.  I found out he never attended LLs until sometime after I was there and I was older when I went.   I still have my number vest they would give you.  Yea, it would be fun for sure supporting the michigan militia and riders I know.   Always enjoyed going to TN, spent a lot of time camping in the smokies area.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Havingfun said:

the parking area underwent a enlargement sometime after I was there to accommodate all the large rv's.  I know a former pro that raced there quite a bit, he never heard of the 3 number system and he's older then me.  I found out he never attended LLs until sometime after I was there and I was older when I went.   I still have my number vest they would give you.  Yea, it would be fun for sure supporting the michigan militia and riders I know.   Always enjoyed going to TN, spent a lot of time camping in the smokies area.  

Come on down!!??:usa::usa:

• Like 1