Decided to go back to 2-smoke.

I like Hyde Racing better because the plastic is greasy which slides over logs better. The TMD take fatigue hits and look dull pretty fast whereas the Hyde doesn't show stress marks (other than scrapes).
https://www.hyderacing.net/index.php?_route_=dirt-bike/yamaha-dirt-bikes/yamaha-yz-250-2-stroke/yamaha-250-2-stroke-skid-plate
I don't think I've ever looked at my skid plate as an aesthetic garnish.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:
9 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

I don't think I've ever looked at my skid marks as an aesthetic garnish.

What did you say? :rolleyes:

Edited by 2 STROKE YZ DOC
  • Like 2

Ask the previous owner if he did anything to the powervalve governor. If its stock, look into removing a preload washer. Free mod that makes a noticeable difference in the top end power.

On 1/20/2019 at 8:44 PM, DaveCR said:

Another thumbs up on the Unabikers. You might poke around this forum a bit and see if there are fitment issues with an oversized tank.

Ricochet for a skid plate if you want an aluminum one.

I like the stamped Devol rear disk guards for their light weight and axle mounting method.

No fitment issue with my Clark tank. I also have a richochet. Made in ‘merica unfortunately it’s Utah. 

I have a devol aluminum skid plate on my '03 250. I like it so far, though I haven't slammed it into any rocks or logs yet. This year I'm going to replace the gnarly pipe that's on it with either another gnarly pipe or a fatty pipe.