It's Not The Bike

20 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:
6 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:
straight up.  

Absolutly not.. Straight up is defined as when 2 riders are battling each other and one come out on top at the end..tomac got 2 ugly ass starts..yes, his fault..but 3rd moto tomac walked everyone

show me where its defined

7 hours ago, M1Garand said:

I disagree I think the smaller lighter bike is perfect for the 5'7" Webb 

The bike is giving him confidence none of which I saw when he was on Yamaha. 

6 hours ago, ron_m said:

Webb never seemed to look comfortable on the YZ450F.  I think the combination of a new bike and training regimen has restored Webb's confidence.  He had that "look of an assassin" in his eyes last night that reminded me of his 250 days when he was on a roll.  I remember seeing him with that look in his eyes in the pits at Charlotte, N.C. when he put on one of the greatest rides I have ever witnessed.  This season is going to be VERY entertaining for SX fans.  

I think it was the team more than the bike

• Like 5

Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

How do you know his attitude isn't better because he is riding that sweet KTM instead of that pig yamaha.

I'm sure that's most of it....but there was evidence of Reed and Webb both being told by the team that the bike was fine.  In other words, it's you, not the bike.  So there was more going on than just the bike I think.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Do we need to review how the race is scored, and what happened in the first two moto's?

no but I wouldn't start raving about Webb over one race...Baggett won last week and look at this week......Webb is fast or he wouldn't be on a factory team but let's watch a few more and see how he does before we start praising him as the next coming of Christ,,,,,,,my guess is Roczen will still have the red plate next Sunday

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Budlite said:

no but I wouldn't start raving about Webb over one race...Baggett won last week and look at this week......Webb is fast or he wouldn't be on a factory team but let's watch a few more and see how he does before we start praising him as the next coming of Christ,,,,,,,my guess is Roczen will still have the red plate next Sunday

Who passed him off as the net coming of christ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Budlite said:

Or be tied in points. Double red plates only happens once a month. Wasn't one of aldons riders banned from racing for life.

1 hour ago, MotorBoatin said:

I think it was the team more than the bike

Putting him on that bike alone, his results would have been better regardless of the team. 

He has always had huge talent, but I don't think he gets to the top step without that team. 

Nice to see things come together for him 

• Like 3