It's Not The Bike

I have felt that Webb was the only US rider with Tomac type of potential.  Seems he squandered several very important years of his career going with Yamaha.  The KTM is obviously a much better fit.  So, if you are a fast up and coming pro rider with all the teams scoping you out do you go for the money, bike, or being loyal to who got you there?  Webb is a perfect example...

the real truth is almost all the smaller riders (which is most of the riders) would do better on the KTM....it's lighter and fits smaller riders.........even Tomac would do better on something else in my opinion.....I'm a Tomac fan but I still pick him to finish 4th......if he were on a KTM or a Honda I think he would be faster but that might not be good for him...

5 minutes ago, Budlite said:

the real truth is almost all the smaller riders (which is most of the riders) would do better on the KTM....it's lighter and fits smaller riders.........even Tomac would do better on something else in my opinion.....I'm a Tomac fan but I still pick him to finish 4th......if he were on a KTM or a Honda I think he would be faster but that might not be good for him...

I don’t know about that. It’s fairly well known that KTM and Kawasaki are the two best teams to race for. The other teams have a tendency to forget to listen to there riders, or limit what they can run on there bikes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Budlite said:

The Red Death already tried to kill him

The new KX isn’t a big bike

• Like 2

While I wish Webb had won on a Yamaha I am still happy to see him win and would like to see him get on a roll. I heard him say "the KTM doesn't have as much power as the Yamaha which makes it easier to ride". I believe that was on Steve Mathes' A2 post race interview..... Poor choice of words, I think he meant to say the power is more manageable

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dirtbikesonny said:

While I wish Webb had won on a Yamaha I am still happy to see him win and would like to see him get on a roll. I heard him say "the KTM doesn't have as much power as the Yamaha which makes it easier to ride". I believe that was on Steve Mathes' A2 post race interview..... Poor choice of words, I think he meant to say the power is more manageable

Yeah he probably means that the KTM power isn't ridiculous / too much to handle.

2 hours ago, Float said:

I have felt that Webb was the only US rider with Tomac type of potential.  Seems he squandered several very important years of his career going with Yamaha.  The KTM is obviously a much better fit.  So, if you are a fast up and coming pro rider with all the teams scoping you out do you go for the money, bike, or being loyal to who got you there?  Webb is a perfect example...

Tomac was faster on a honda. Does that help.

12 minutes ago, olderthanyourdirt said:

Yes Tomac got the last moto win, but Coop rode where he needed for the overall.  Also tell Brabec that the bike doesn't make a difference.

You really think coop just let tomac check out. I got beach front property in az cheap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M1Garand said:

Putting him on that bike alone, his results would have been better regardless of the team. 

He has always had huge talent, but I don't think he gets to the top step without that team. 

Nice to see things come together for him 

2 hours ago, Float said:

Where the hell is @Chaconne at?  he merced to read the non biased posts like these and many others in this thread...   

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Where the hell is @Chaconne at?  he merced to read the non biased posts like these and many others in this thread...   

Well we can't pin him down at the moment but I am sure the weight of any activity he is current undertaking

is rather strenuous and of great pleasure to him.  That's how he stays in shape. 

1271829688_ScreenShot2019-01-20at8_35_18PM.png.a62e08b20b649e56a779209d7906cbd6.png  

• Haha 1

It's the worst thing to happen to the blu cru , he simply cannot do a thing good on the yzf ,and his first win is so convincing ( this is almost like 3 main events ) on the sxf , either the bike or the team has issues ,we all know he would never ever ever had done that on his yzf ,not even the most loyal blue fan would try to say he had even a tiny chance of doing that.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, slowgs2001 said:
22 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:
straight up.  

Absolutly not.. Straight up is defined as when 2 riders are battling each other and one come out on top at the end..tomac got 2 ugly ass starts..yes, his fault..but 3rd moto tomac walked everyone

So I went back and watched moto 1 again, Webb and Tomac were battling, Webb pulled away from Tomac and then passed Kenny...  So even bu your definition Webb beat Tomac..... STRAIGHT UP

• Like 4

On 1/20/2019 at 9:30 AM, jetfuel said:

177132_rs2_9930.jpg?auto=format&dpr=1.25

He is finally giving the Number 2 plate the respect it deserves. 

Very underrated finish line celebration.

The point is fantastic, especially when your rival (or person you don't like) is the person you are pointing at. Great style and attitude. 10/10 for Webb, congrats on that win.

• Like 2

Very underrated finish line celebration.
The point is fantastic, especially when your rival (or person you don't like) is the person you are pointing at. Great style and attitude. 10/10 for Webb, congrats on that win.
I don't think Ken's head was completely on the race on Saturday. Or he may have tried more for the pass back on Webb or pushed harder the whole race . Regardless Webb rode a great race and deserved the win.

https://www.instagram.com/kenroczen94/?hl=enScreenshot_20190121-120847.jpegScreenshot_20190121-120857.jpeg
  • Like 2