Jump to content

supercross It's Not The Bike

Recommended Posts

Bikes do matter. Teams do matter. So does attitude and Webb, for whatever reason, didn't seem to have a good one on the big YZ. Practicing with Marv and training with Aldon are HUGE too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:
6 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:
straight up.  

Absolutly not.. Straight up is defined as when 2 riders are battling each other and one come out on top at the end..tomac got 2 ugly ass starts..yes, his fault..but 3rd moto tomac walked everyone

show me where its defined

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

show me where its defined

So youd agree tomac won straight up 3rd moto. If not you are as biased as lesbian at a socks shop. Lol socks would not spell correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

So youd agree tomac won straight up 3rd moto. If not you are as biased as lesbian at a socks shop. Lol socks would not spell correctly.

sure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

straight up.  

except the 3rd heat, main, whatever you want to call a moto,,,,Eli actually got the holeshot and disappeared.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, M1Garand said:

I disagree I think the smaller lighter bike is perfect for the 5'7" Webb 

The bike is giving him confidence none of which I saw when he was on Yamaha. 

 

6 hours ago, ron_m said:

Webb never seemed to look comfortable on the YZ450F.  I think the combination of a new bike and training regimen has restored Webb's confidence.  He had that "look of an assassin" in his eyes last night that reminded me of his 250 days when he was on a roll.  I remember seeing him with that look in his eyes in the pits at Charlotte, N.C. when he put on one of the greatest rides I have ever witnessed.  This season is going to be VERY entertaining for SX fans.  

 

I think it was the team more than the bike

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Budlite said:

except the 3rd heat, main, whatever you want to call a moto,,,,Eli actually got the holeshot and disappeared.....

Do we need to review how the race is scored, and what happened in the first two moto's?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Of all the things that could have led to Coop's win the bike didn't help... He would've won on a Zuk or a Yamaha...... 

Same bike got him 10th last week. I think you are right. It's Alden Baker. Just look at the change in Webb's attitude. Alden is a champion-maker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LSHD said:

Same bike got him 10th last week. I think you are right. It's Alden Baker. Just look at the change in Webb's attitude. Alden is a champion-maker.

How do you know his attitude isn't better because he is riding that sweet KTM instead of that pig yamaha.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

How do you know his attitude isn't better because he is riding that sweet KTM instead of that pig yamaha.

Can't know absolutely. But Webb himself said it was Alden, and lacking additional information, I choose to believe him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

How do you know his attitude isn't better because he is riding that sweet KTM instead of that pig yamaha.

I know you. You the guy cleaning a lubing herrlings bike at redbud.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

How do you know his attitude isn't better because he is riding that sweet KTM instead of that pig yamaha.

I'm sure that's most of it....but there was evidence of Reed and Webb both being told by the team that the bike was fine.  In other words, it's you, not the bike.  So there was more going on than just the bike I think.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Do we need to review how the race is scored, and what happened in the first two moto's?

no but I wouldn't start raving about Webb over one race...Baggett won last week and look at this week......Webb is fast or he wouldn't be on a factory team but let's watch a few more and see how he does before we start praising him as the next coming of Christ,,,,,,,my guess is Roczen will still have the red plate next Sunday

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Budlite said:

no but I wouldn't start raving about Webb over one race...Baggett won last week and look at this week......Webb is fast or he wouldn't be on a factory team but let's watch a few more and see how he does before we start praising him as the next coming of Christ,,,,,,,my guess is Roczen will still have the red plate next Sunday

Who passed him off as the net coming of christ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Budlite said:

no but I wouldn't start raving about Webb over one race...Baggett won last week and look at this week......Webb is fast or he wouldn't be on a factory team but let's watch a few more and see how he does before we start praising him as the next coming of Christ,,,,,,,my guess is Roczen will still have the red plate next Sunday

Or be tied in points. Double red plates only happens once a month. Wasn't one of aldons riders banned from racing for life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Who passed him off as the net coming of christ?

Some blue kool-aid drinkers :lol: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its just one race ... lets see the next . BB4 was on high last weekend as well 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Some blue kool-aid drinkers :lol: 

oh if I wanted to dig I could find some shit that's for sure.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

oh if I wanted to dig I could find some shit that's for sure.  

I might have been one of them :smirk: 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MotorBoatin said:

I think it was the team more than the bike

Putting him on that bike alone, his results would have been better regardless of the team. 

He has always had huge talent, but I don't think he gets to the top step without that team. 

Nice to see things come together for him 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×