Value clearances kxf450 2014

Help I've changed piston checked values clearances before hand and were in spec the only one that was on the limit was the intake left side which was 0.10.after riding bike for practice I thought I'd check clearances again and found all the same as before but the right hand in take has gone from 0.13 to 0.18 what reason could this off happened help would be appreciated.

Help I've changed piston checked values clearances before hand and were in spec the only one that was on the limit was the intake left side which was 0.10.after riding bike for practice I thought I'd check clearances again and found all the same as before but the right hand in take has gone from 0.13 to 0.18 what reason could this off happened help would be appreciated.

Sorry forgot to mention the specs intake 0.10 to 0.15

Are You POSITIVE that there was not an error made the first time they were checked ?

If clearance did actually grow, I would be looking at the valve stem tip for any wear and mushrooming.

Kind of on the rare side but I have seen it happen.

Just My thoughts !

Are You POSITIVE that there was not an error made the first time they were checked ?
If clearance did actually grow, I would be looking at the valve stem tip for any wear and mushrooming.
Kind of on the rare side but I have seen it happen.
Just My thoughts !

Motor rock this is now what I am thinking but I am sure I did the bike started first time before I changed piston so I am not sure what to do now.it’s strange that one valve has got lose on the right hand intake the rest are on the limit.

Exhaust Side are left 0.17
Right 0.18

Intake left 0.10
Right 0.17

Manual sates Exhaust 0.17 to 0.22 intake 0.10 to 0.15

Do you think I should shim or take head off and check valves I think the bikes been shimmed once but not 100% its only done 65 hours.

19 hours ago, Sam83 said:

Motor rock this is now what I am thinking but I am sure I did the bike started first time before I changed piston so I am not sure what to do now.it’s strange that one valve has got lose on the right hand intake the rest are on the limit.

Exhaust Side are left 0.17
Right 0.18

Intake left 0.10
Right 0.17

Manual sates Exhaust 0.17 to 0.22 intake 0.10 to 0.15

Do you think I should shim or take head off and check valves I think the bikes been shimmed once but not 100% its only done 65 hours.

If You are POSITIVE that the clearance did grow, I would not shim, would have to find the reason for the growth in clearance!  

Again just My opinion !

• 3 weeks later...