mrpike18

supercross NBC sports SUCKS!!

This network is &%$#@!ed!  Streaming a Supercross ever since NBC sports took over has been terrible. FS1 was awesome. NBC sports gold cost $ and you get additional coverage of practice and qualifying for $50 or $10 per event. I wouldn’t trust this network to cover any sport!  I cannot believe there isn’t more outrage because of this shitty ass network!  Rant over. 

• Like 6

This network is &%$#@!ed!  Streaming a Supercross ever since NBC sports took over has been terrible. FS1 was awesome. NBC sports gold cost $ and you get additional coverage of practice and qualifying for $50 or $10 per event. I wouldn’t trust this network to cover any sport!  I cannot believe there isn’t more outrage because of this shitty ass network!  Rant over. 
I couldn't disagree more. First year / time I've bought the NBC Sports Gold Pass I I really like it. It's awesome to see practice/ qualifying and watching race day live. Have had zero streaming issues and get to rewatch all week. What specifically do you have issue with?
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, dirtbikesonny said:
19 minutes ago, mrpike18 said:

Read more  

I couldn't disagree more. First year / time I've bought the NBC Sports Gold Pass I I really like it. It's awesome to see practice/ qualifying and watching race day live. Have had zero streaming issues and get to rewatch all week. What specifically do you have issue with?

same experience here 

• Like 6

Depends on where you live? I paid $90 for SX and MX. Don't need to pay extra for practice. Replay anytime. Includes "Race Day Live" (qualifying, etc.). Has been very reliable compared to FS1, which had me restarting my PCs every week to keep it from locking up.

Only thing I don't like is they don't fill in the commercial time with some sort of interviews or special programming. At least pan the crowd and pits. Instead it's a long distance camera shot with almost no event sound included.

• Like 2

pretty shitty for me too...lots of frozen picture throughout the broadcast, loss of volume etc.

• Like 2

In Canada we have to purchase the supercross pass as it's not available on any cable network here. The streaming has been okay so far, last year was really bad. I don't like the NBC coverage though. Way too much split screen and focusing on certain riders too much no matter what place they are in. 

• Like 3

Here in Canada I have a video pass and stream SX with Supercrosslive.tv.  The live stream is pretty spotty at best and not cheap at around $180 cad for the season.  To avoid this bad quality I will watch qualifying the day of but usually just watch the recorded main events the next morning.  To stream MX I buy the MX season pass with NBC sports for around $70 cad for the entire season and the stream is top quality, zero complaints.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, filterx said:

I DL it usually next day and I'm watching A2 at some point tonight after Chiefs vs Pats. Avoid the Pro posts until I can catch up :)

Good plan, some guy came on here last year all pissed we were talking about it before he got to see it.  He said the threads should have said spoiler alert. He got shamed out of here pretty bad.

• Haha 2

This is a screenshot from last night. Using sling to stream because Comcast thought they could increase prices every month and I wouldn't mind. Last night's stream would degrade then come back again to HD quality. Could have been better but overall it wasn't too bad.

supercross 2019.jpg

Edited by jms130
  • Like 1

I had a period of doubled feed 2 seconds between the feeds so it sounded horrid.

Couple times the feed would look like the picture above and feed crashing to the initialize icon.

What the cameras caught including spider cam was solid.

Ralph and Ricky,  give the play by play to Wedge.

4 hours ago, filterx said:

I DL it usually next day and I'm watching A2 at some point tonight after Chiefs vs Pats. Avoid the Pro posts until I can catch up :)

Chiefs lost. The patrick lost the game cause he has no touch. Over through guy In I zone by 5 yards.

Just now, 777654321 said:

Chiefs lost. The patrick lost the game cause he has no touch. Over through guy In I zone by 5 yards.

Get a firebox story over

• Like 1

And yet you'll still watch it despite your bitching.

1 hour ago, 777654321 said:

50 TD passes, 5097 passing yards in the regular season. The Chiefs had the worst defense in the NFL, they aren't even a playoff team without Mahomes. 

He had 295 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs in the playoff game.  Marched the team down to tie the game and head into OT with 32 seconds and 1 timeout.  He spent most of the game running for his life, whereas Tom Brady's jersey doesn't even have so much as a blemish.  But yeah, it's on Mahomes.

• Like 5

What I don't like is that I can't start watching the beginning of the race an hour after it starts so that I can skip the commercial times. It's live until its over, so I have to either start it when the racing starts, or wait until the next day so that I can skip all the garbage.

• Like 2

We are streaming NBC sports for Free here in CANADA and it is way better than Fox was, a lot clearer and less buffering on NBC. Don't ask me how because my Son is doing it at his house , I just go over saturday night and watch.

The NBC Sports App on Apple TV does nothing well and crashes out every couple of minutes while I was streaming the first race. I got YouTubeTV now and just watch it on there. 

Yea it sucks, but the way I look at it MX coverage sucks worse so to me it's just paying $10 more to get better coverage of SX since I would buy the MX package anyway. 

I don't have cable other than the most basic package that actually made my internet cheaper than internet alone, so to buy a package to get FS1 or nbc sports it' still cheaper to but nbc sports gold