RideWithWill

age and dirtbiking...how any of you guys are 40+

Started racing at age 44.  Perfect timing.  I always get a trophy because no one else at this age is dumb enough to start racing.  40+ novice.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, crypto666 said:

Started racing at age 44.  Perfect timing.  I always get a trophy because no one else at this age is dumb enough to start racing.  40+ novice.    

Ahem. 45 and gonna start in the spring. I'm bout a sharp as a bowling ball though. Soooo.....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, I'm trying said:

Ahem. 45 and gonna start in the spring. I'm bout a sharp as a bowling ball though. Soooo.....

Cool, maybe we can take breaks together.  I will bring the prunes if you bring the oat bran.  We need to finish before 2:00 because that is my nap time.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, crypto666 said:

Cool, maybe we can take breaks together.  I will bring the prunes if you bring the oat bran.  We need to finish before 2:00 because that is my nap time.  

No prob. I'll bring some metamusil to wash it down with. 👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, I'm trying said:

No prob. I'll bring some metamusil to wash it down with. 👍

I've got a rocking chair and a shotgun.. you got a porch and kids we can tell to get off the lawn?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, braindead0 said:

I've got a rocking chair and a shotgun.. you got a porch and kids we can tell to get off the lawn?

Nope. But the neighbors do. Even better.:D

• Like 2

62 and just bought a new Ktm 250 two stroke. Wouldn’t even consider giving up or slowing down. I live in Minnesota so I have plenty of time to heal up (if needed) over the winter. Plan on riding till my knee’s/legs give out.

• Like 7

awesome to see so many guys still throwing it down at after 50+, about to turn 45 myself and have some ugly health stuff but I'm still throwing it down the trail and track regularly though not as much as I'd like..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigene said:

62 and just bought a new Ktm 250 two stroke. Wouldn’t even consider giving up or slowing down. I live in Minnesota so I have plenty of time to heal up (if needed) over the winter. Plan on riding till my knee’s/legs give out.

Same with me.  I hope the winter lets me get in shape a little as well as heal up.  Knees or back will possibly force me some day to give it up.

• Like 1

53 years young here, been riding off road for 35 years. I have my first full season of racing starting in April. Washougal baby!!!

• Like 4

I'm 54 LOVE riding, like most of us here it's my passion. Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me.  ALL I think about is riding.  I ride MX, trail, and enduro. I wish I could ride 3 days a week IF I could I would probably still do some racing.  I got my 1st bike at 32, rode my first MX track at 41, have not looked back yet! When I was a kid the thing I wanted most was a dirtbike, but unfortunately, I had a dad who was totally against motorcycles. I had a lot of friends who had bikes, I was so envious. The one time I got a chance to ride a friends bike that sealed my fate I never forgot that day, it was the most fun I ever had and that was a street bike but I took it out in the desert. I did lots of extream sports before they were extream.  Skiing, BMX, surfing, skateboarding, BUT dirt bikes be da most fun! Period! Its always been what I wanted to do, so I am livin the dream baby, even if my father is rolling in his grave over it. RIP dad! 

Edited by Bill_B
  • Like 3

I'm Definately slower than the young guys I ride with, including our youngest son, at 23. To be honest though, I didn't really have the money or inclination to ride until about 7 years ago, at the age of 44. My son and I went halves on his first bike and I've never looked back since. I've just bought an 01 XR650R, so I'm even more careful than usual, in a rippin about sort of way haha. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m 46 , been riding my whole life, my true love in life. They’ll have to bury me with my bike, I’ll never quit. I’ll be in the nursing home reading ThumperTalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 3