Yz250 or Crf450r

My buddy is trying to decide what bike he should buy for the next season. Hes come down to 2 bikes a yz250 or a 19 crf450r. Money isint an issue and hell mainly be riding trails and racing harescrambles. Hes a intermidiate rider and is leaning towards the 450 but is worried hell be able to feel the heaviness of it out in the tight woods any

suggestions? thanks.

YZ250FX...  Why buy a motocross bike for the woods in 2019?  

Not sure he says he prefers the moto models bc he can spin laps on the track as easy as on the trail. He complains about how the fx or xc bikes can go on a track but are really just far more woods than track. I would say the 250 since its pretty popular out here in tx to just run the yz250 on trails with a oversized tank and basically nothing else most guys love em.

@David Cardenas It's really about whether someone prefers 2strokes or 4strokes. I'd probably take a 250 or 350 over a 450. The latter might have an excessive amount of torque/power aka overkill.
For the current thread, I'd say YZ250X or regular YZ-smoker. The hit on the plain YZ can always be changed with a flywheel weight and/or different exhaust, etc. If leery of jetting, there's always a Lectron or Smartcarb. ? No matter what, probably have to setup the suspension for the riders weight.

Edited by Sly_One

A 450 is awesome on the Mx track or more open areas. I find them really tiring on a two hour hare scramble, but I'm old. My riding has gone from all Mx to now doing enduros and harescrambles. I highly recommend a two stroke 300 of your favourite color.

• Like 1