2013 TXCI 250

Hey all, I am looking to buy a 2013 TXCI 250.  I've never owned Husky before.  Any red flags or quirky issues with that year/model?

Where do you guys buy aftermarket parts for Husky?  I checked rockymountainatv and motosport and saw very few parts.  Let's say I want a new set of plastic or valve parts and a piston...

Thanks!

That version of Husky you are looking at is the Italian/BMW owned version, not the newer KTM owned version so parts are not as easy to come by so places like RM, Motosport, etc... are pretty much not going to have anything to fit it.

The Red Head 250/310s were (are) really good engines, and is still in use in the new SWM 300 bikes.  Not that SWM is "mainstream" here in the States, but they took over the old Husky factory in Italy after the KTM buyout (all KTM wanted was the name) and their bikes are basically just the old Huskys with a new name and a little bit different plastic.

Best place to try to start finding things out is here: http://www.cafehusky.com/  Go to the Italian Husky section and start to search if you can't find what you are looking for here.   If you have a local dealer that was a Husky dealer BEFORE KTM bought the company, they should still be able to get the legacy parts for the bikes.  Newer dealers should be able to also, but from what I understand it is a different parts system than the KTM one so a newer Husky dealer (post KTM) may not have the old Husky system installed on their network.  I know that AOMC (https://www.ktm-parts.com/OEMFINDER.html) has fiche from 2000 on up for the Huskys that you can order parts from.  As to if they can actually get them as stuff may be discontinued, I do not know...

One big aftermarket player for those Huskys was Zip-Ty racing since they ran the off road race team here in the States.  Ty still has some parts/doodads for those Huskys.  

Unfortunately, that bike is somewhat of a bastard due to no fault of it's own.

19 hours ago, manglin said:

Hey all, I am looking to buy a 2013 TXCI 250.  I've never owned Husky before.  Any red flags or quirky issues with that year/model?

Where do you guys buy aftermarket parts for Husky?  I checked rockymountainatv and motosport and saw very few parts.  Let's say I want a new set of plastic or valve parts and a piston...

Thanks!

Parts are available but harder and more expensive in some cases to get to your house. Aftermarket is pretty much dead. Personally I would skip this bike (see below) as there are plenty of better bikes out there that have support with less issues.

19 hours ago, eastreich said:

That version of Husky you are looking at is the Italian/BMW owned version, not the newer KTM owned version so parts are not as easy to come by so places like RM, Motosport, etc... are pretty much not going to have anything to fit it.

The Red Head 250/310s were (are) really good engines, and is still in use in the new SWM 300 bikes.  Not that SWM is "mainstream" here in the States, but they took over the old Husky factory in Italy after the KTM buyout (all KTM wanted was the name) and their bikes are basically just the old Huskys with a new name and a little bit different plastic.

Best place to try to start finding things out is here: http://www.cafehusky.com/  Go to the Italian Husky section and start to search if you can't find what you are looking for here.   If you have a local dealer that was a Husky dealer BEFORE KTM bought the company, they should still be able to get the legacy parts for the bikes.  Newer dealers should be able to also, but from what I understand it is a different parts system than the KTM one so a newer Husky dealer (post KTM) may not have the old Husky system installed on their network.  I know that AOMC (https://www.ktm-parts.com/OEMFINDER.html) has fiche from 2000 on up for the Huskys that you can order parts from.  As to if they can actually get them as stuff may be discontinued, I do not know...

One big aftermarket player for those Huskys was Zip-Ty racing since they ran the off road race team here in the States.  Ty still has some parts/doodads for those Huskys.  

Unfortunately, that bike is somewhat of a bastard due to no fault of it's own.

This design (BMW) is NOT the same as what SWM's are using. SWM are using the older 2008-2010 Caviga built motors which were more durable, better low end, different FI but boring when compared to the competition then. I had one, no issues for the 4 years I owned it. However the newer BMW motor I wouldn't buy it for several reasons. First they are hit and miss for running quality. IF you have a good runner then you will be happy. Otherwise you will be running circles trying to solve all the issues. Then there's the parts, while they are still available it will take time and in some cases more $$ to get. Lastly resale is dead unless you give the bike away.

This design (BMW) is NOT the same as what SWM's are using. SWM are using the older 2008-2010 Caviga built motors which were more durable, better low end, different FI but boring when compared to the competition then. I had one, no issues for the 4 years I owned it. However the newer BMW motor I wouldn't buy it for several reasons. First they are hit and miss for running quality. IF you have a good runner then you will be happy. Otherwise you will be running circles trying to solve all the issues. Then there's the parts, while they are still available it will take time and in some cases more $$ to get. Lastly resale is dead unless you give the bike away.

Yes, I own 2014 TE310 with 10-15 hours on it. Thing is like brand new.

The motor in now seized from m my first easy trail ride.

I would pass on these Huskies.

Get a KTM.