Bobatsea

Spending the summer in Seattle area. Bring the bikes?

On 1/30/2019 at 5:01 PM, KaToomTime said:

My way of saying too much traffic (has whoops, too much traffic!).  I hate it when I think I am way out in the boonies then there is whoops on the trail. :( 

That's when you cut in a new trail. Post a thread about it, let it get blown out like the previous one, and then cut in another. Join the 5%, make a difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here in Washington the elk are the most efficient and productive trail builders. I love them.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

4 hours ago, Anatoli said:

Here in Washington the elk are the most efficient and productive trail builders. I love them.

Deer aren't bad and there's more of them. Cows taste great and don't walk straight so that's a plus.

The problem with game trails is that sometimes 4 wheel drive is better than one :)

Ok guys we are at that stage of the game where we need to start nailing down specifics. Do any of you have a line on a good apartment for rent within a reasonable distance to Keyport WA? Needs to be at least 2 bedrooms and be furnished. Would be a short term six week rental starting the first week of July. Budget is roughly $650 per week. 

5 minutes ago, Bobatsea said:

Ok guys we are at that stage of the game where we need to start nailing down specifics. Do any of you have a line on a good apartment for rent within a reasonable distance to Keyport WA? Needs to be at least 2 bedrooms and be furnished. Would be a short term six week rental starting the first week of July. Budget is roughly $650 per week. 

Look up short term apartments for Silverdale Wa. There's a lot available since you have Bangor and Bremerton near by. You should have a ton of options.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

Look up short term apartments for Silverdale Wa. There's a lot available since you have Bangor and Bremerton near by. You should have a ton of options.

Yep looks like a lot of options. Thanks. Not knowing the first thing about a region makes it a bit challenging to know where to look. Even in this Interweb age.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bobatsea said:

Yep looks like a lot of options. Thanks. Not knowing the first thing about a region makes it a bit challenging to know where to look. Even in this Interweb age.

I live 10 miles outside of Silverdale. If you have need any help choosing a place let me know. Poulsbo isn't to far either from Keyport that's another option too.

17 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

I live 10 miles outside of Silverdale. If you have need any help choosing a place let me know. Poulsbo isn't to far either from Keyport that's another option too.

But $650?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

But $650?

That is our allowance from the Fed. My wife's employer. Not enough? The actual amount is capped at 96 per day which comes out to 672 all in per week. Looks to me like 2600 per month should be ok. Although I dont know much about your real estate market. 

53 minutes ago, Bobatsea said:

That is our allowance from the Fed. My wife's employer. Not enough? The actual amount is capped at 96 per day which comes out to 672 all in per week. Looks to me like 2600 per month should be ok. Although I dont know much about your real estate market. 

Oh sheesh ! :smirk:…...missed the "per week" part !

Joe

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bobatsea said:

AirBnB?

3 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

AirBnB?

Not allowed per fed rules. Dont know the reasoning, just like them to make an arbitrary rule that doesn't make sense to me. 

• Helpful 1

11 minutes ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Oh sheesh ! :smirk:…...missed the "per week" part !

Joe

There are parts of the country and some very close to me that 2600/month wouldn't cut it. So I have seriously been questioning if the budget will be enough. 

There are parts of the country and some very close to me that 2600/month wouldn't cut it. So I have seriously been questioning if the budget will be enough. 
That's plenty. And then some. You're going to love it here.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bobatsea said:

Just across the sound in Seattle would be close.

Joe

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I know i'm going to love it there. My wife said to me the other day. "what if we never want to go home?" Lol 

2 hours ago, Bobatsea said:

Thanks guys. I know i'm going to love it there. My wife said to me the other day. "what if we never want to go home?" Lol 

After riding here......you may not.

IMG_0471.JPG

• Like 2

21 hours ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

After riding here......you may not.

IMG_0471.JPG

Say Wa?

33C422C1-B044-4858-8FB7-D87D8944095F.jpeg

• Like 3

I am perfectly content with this becoming a who has the best pics of northwest trail riding thread. :thumbsup::usa:

• Like 2