Prescription glasses w/ motorcycle goggles?

I normally don’t wear my prescription glasses when I ride my dirtbike. I just wear goggles. But I’ve noticed in my old age that I am riding faster than my eyes adjust these days. I am thinking this year I will have to wear my glasses [emoji23]. Any recommendations for goggles that go over my glasses or other options. Don’t say contacts because I can’t get them damn things in my eyes

• Haha 1

Use close fitting single-ground sport glasses…..Low cost / Walmart.. They're useless for reading that ole crumpled trail map thats been tortured inside the trail pack, but give an excellent view of that smooth line I should have taken on those nasty forked down-hill trails.

I

IMG_1660.JPG

24 minutes ago, Dmouse said:

I've been using ProVue prescription goggles for well over a decade. Call them with your prescription info, very nice guy that runs it

Do these fog up at all during slow/stop single track? I'm so tired of glasses fogging up under the OTG goggles

I can't wear contacts (crazy astigmatism). I ride more dual sport than dirtbikes, and never race, so I don't have to worry about roost from the guys in front.  So I can get by with just wearing regular glasses and a Dual-sport helmet with a clear face shield.  At lower speeds in technical stuff, I crack the faceshield or open it fully to get air on the glasses to prevent fogging. My AGV helmet has good detents to adjust the crack, I also found I can pull the visor down on to my thumb, then pull the thumb out - makes the perfect air crack. The regular prescription glasses do a decent job of protecting my eyes at low speeds. As speeds pick up, I shut the faceshield and the helmet vents are enough to keep the glasses clear.  Not ideal by any means, but it works for the type of riding I do.  Also I Cat Crap / Rain-X the hell out of everything if it's foggy or rainy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, panaman said:

I normally don’t wear my prescription glasses when I ride my dirtbike. I just wear goggles. But I’ve noticed in my old age that I am riding faster than my eyes adjust these days. I am thinking this year I will have to wear my glasses emoji23.png. Any recommendations for goggles that go over my glasses or other options. Don’t say contacts because I can’t get them damn things in my eyes

Depending on your prescription - will depend on the glasses..  I  can't wear glasses riding -  I'll get motion sick because when my glasses move just a little bit the ground moves as well.  I even bought a pair of custom glasses designed just for dirt bike riding and was motion sick after 5 minutes -- pulled them off and had to put contacts in.    

• Like 1

Just recently started wearing glasses, and didn't realize how bad my vision had slowly gotten haha.

But between having prescription glasses for driving and day tot day, prescription sunglasses for when I golf/outdoor activities,

prescription goggles for snowmobiles and dirt bikes... be cheaper to get Lasik almost lol...

1 minute ago, Dodging_roost said:

Um he said don't say contacts in his original post, or are you just poking fun at us old guys?

I'm old !! Just turned 50 -- I hate having to wear any type of correction and would prefer to get something that is stable.  When we ride turkey runs (average 100 miles ) - we get into a huge variety of terrain - Roads - Fire Roads - Single Track - Rocks - Roots - water - you name it..  I have to wear toric contact lenses - or everything is a blur.   If you can get single vision glasses with 1 focal length in the entire lens ( no astigmatism )  - then glasses will work - but if your vision is anywhere like mine then you're going to have issues.  Getting a strap on glasses doesn't work when putting on a helmet.   

I also use fans in my goggles -- especially on the hot steamy days  - Smith make them, along with several different companies..  -- You want OTG ( over the Glasses Goggles ) - if your going to try and wear your glasses.   They have a cutout for the ear pieces in the foam.  Haber makes them as well.  

Contacts did take me some time to get used to - but they provided the best vision for me.  Haven't bit the bullet with Lasik -- already spent over $400.00 for glasses specifically designed for Off Road - and it was a failure..  MOTION SICK !! 

7 hours ago, panaman said:

I normally don’t wear my prescription glasses when I ride my dirtbike. I just wear goggles. But I’ve noticed in my old age that I am riding faster than my eyes adjust these days. I am thinking this year I will have to wear my glasses emoji23.png. Any recommendations for goggles that go over my glasses or other options. Don’t say contacts because I can’t get them damn things in my eyes

I wear the kind of glasses that you have pictured.  I've tried every goggle that they say is an over the glass goggle.  Most of them fit OK but they still fog up in the cool weather with your glasses under them.  I too am an older rider.  I've just settled for the prescription glasses that work great unless you're bushwacking through thick brush.

It's like a button off your shirt,  you just deal with it.  PK

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Prescription glasses w/ motorcycle goggles?