2018 300 XC-W, is this a good deal?

I am looking at a 2018 300 XC-W with 5 miles on it that a guy just traded in because he doesn’t like the 300. I got the dealer down to $7800 + tax, lic. Is this a good deal? 

Based upon all the 17-18 300’s for sale right now across a few states this seems like a good price. 

Edited by utemachine
  • Like 2

Decent deal I would say, depends on what your state tax percentage is and what the true out the door price is.  I bought my 19 300xc back in September for $9900 out the door.  This in AZ with 9% sales tax and $25 annual OHV pass included. AZ dealers have new 2018 250xcws for $8800 OTD still advertised for reference and they would probably go lower to get it off their books.

• Like 1

It’s an hour away so we negotiated over the phone. I’m going to check it out tomorrow. It will be $8250 otd and not 5 miles, rather 5 hours.

I talked to another dealer who has the same bike with 750 miles on it and he said he can’t get to the same price. He told me to go jump on the other dealer’s deal and not let it get away. I’ve got to say though. For $2k more I’m tempted to get the 19 TPI. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Why you  no likey? 

Just don't like the added complexity to a formerly simple, dependable platform. It is all about govt emissions, nothing more.  The alleged benefits are far outweighed by the weight, complexity and cost IMO. I know it is the future and we will have no choice but right now I do and will exercise the carb option if I get another 2stk. But the XC-F and FX 250/350 has been looking really good to me lately, never had a serious 4stk.

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Just don't like the added complexity to a formerly simple, dependable platform. It is all about govt emissions, nothing more.  The alleged benefits are far outweighed by the weight, complexity and cost IMO. I know it is the future and we will have no choice but right now I do and will exercise the carb option if I get another 2stk. But the XC-F and FX 250/350 has been looking really good to me lately, never had a serious 4stk.

It’s cool you want something different but as you bash the tpi, you’re considering the four stroke... good thing they’re not complicated compared to a non tpi two stroke. :busted: 

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, shrubitup said:

It’s cool you want something different but as you bash the tpi, you’re considering the four stroke... good thing they’re not complicated compared to a non tpi two stroke. :busted: 

You are missing the point,,,,entirely. On purpose or just jousting? The 4stk benefits greatly is several areas with FI especially with hot starting. The 2stk on the other hand has always stood on simplicity and exceptional hp with light weight and easy starting is all conditions. The simplicity and light weight are key, the FI compromises those.  Several very excellent 2stks are available with simple carbs that I feel are a better option for my needs. And the jury is still out on TPI long term durability considering the exceptionally lean fuel/oil ratios at certain rpm ranges.

• Like 2