xr100 throttle stuck

Hey! so the throttle on my xr100 is sticking. like won't return. i was replacing back wheel bearings and had the bike up on a stand with the wheel off. i was trying to get the master link off the chain in accidentally hit the swingarm, pushing the bike off the stand and it fell on its left side on the garage floor. There was no visible damage suprisingly and nothing was damaged except the throttle. when the bars hit the ground it jammed the throttle tube into the entire mechanism. i know the issue is not with the carb because it will not spring back even in the free play. i took it apart and lubed the assembly and that helped a bit for only for a tiny bit. i was thinking just place the whole thing but thats like $30. any suggestions on where to get a new throttle tube for real cheap? or some other fix? Thanks!

Ha! I misspoke. It did fall on the right side and that is why the throttle is jammed from the impact

Before you buy parts , might not hurt to pin point exact damage.  First check your throttle cable free play, then make sure throttle  tube has a little end play ............isn't slid onto bar too far and binding.   Next, remove the two screws and pull the throttle housing apart, unhooking the throttle cable.  Clean up the inside of the throttle tube and the end of the bar and inspect things..............slip the tube on the bar and see if turns freely.   You'll find the problem I believe.;)

Old School Al

• Like 1