Hey guys.  I saw, but don't remember where, an offset crank key for the XR100.  A 2 degree advance was achieved by using this key correctly, or else you get 2 degrees retard. (in backwards). 

You ever hear of this?  Where can I get one?

Thanks,

Bruce

Has anybody tried one of these?  I got it, put it in, and ran it.  There's more of a bang in the vibrations, they have increased (made me check all my frame mount bolts).  Haven't run it against my other bike yet, but it will be interesting.  How does it feel?  It does feel a bit stronger, but I'll have to let you know.

… so I ran the engine a bit.  Then quit when it started to make some vibration.  The step-key was made out of aluminum (or some soft metal) but it was still strong enough to cost me a flywheel.  Don't do it, stick with stock.

hoged out flywheel (5).JPG

hoged out flywheel (2).JPG

Ouch!:banghead:

I’m surprised nobody has engineered a mIlled plate to have the pickup coil be able to move a few degrees for static timing tweaking.

• Like 1

Takagawa makes a stator plate with an adjustable pick up.  The only issue is the directions are in japanese and I'm not sure what degrees is the stock placement of the pickup.  Is it 30 degrees BTDC?

Edited by socalxr
  • Confused 1

Not installed correctly. The flywheel was not seated on the taper properly. That was the vibration.

• Sad 1