Is this cone shaped mesh in my muffler a spark arrestor or not?

I have a 2018 FC350, and I don't know if I need to buy a new spark arrestor or not. I need one to ride

It looks like the stock muffler has one in it, but it does not say USFS approved. Is this little ice cream cone shaped mesh a spark arrestor or not? 

Edited by Freakazoid

It is not. It is a sound deadener. It is supposed to make the Husky power delivery smoother than the KTM. You can try punching it out but on my 450 I put an exhaust on it. It made a big difference.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SMarquez said:

It is not. It is a sound deadener. It is supposed to make the Husky power delivery smoother than the KTM. You can try punching it out but on my 450 I put an exhaust on it. It made a big difference.

Thank you. I suspected that. I don't want to change the power, but I just need a spark arrestor to ride in most places. I want to add the FMF PC4 Hex, but don't know if I have to remap it or not, if I do so. 

FC/FX are close course bikes. If they came with SA, EPA would require different testing. Cheapest way to get a SA is WalMart sink screen and buy a "USFS" sticker from aftermarket companies. Some might just send you one. Screw the screen to your endcap or pull off endcap and place screen inside.