How to stop visor from moving?

Simple question but pretty important for me... I have a Shoei helmet which has a plastic visor like most/all MX helmets. There’s 3 screws which are all plastic. The visor has a sliding adjustment range where it can tilt up and down. If I crank the screws down real tight the and tilt the visor up the visibility is pretty good. However somehow when I’m riding I sometimes find the visor is tilted all the way down. I don’t want it to slide down. Any tips on how to prevent the visor from sliding down?  

If the screws are bottoming out and the visor still isn't tightened down, you may need to add washers (plastic?) to the screws to make up the void. Or maybe slightly shorter screws

• Like 2

Not being snarky, but tighten them more.   If that doesn't work, then shim with a plastic washer like Dmouse said.

How is the helmet otherwise?  I wanted a Shoei, price was a touch high compared to the Bell, with similar features.  I ended up with the Bell, and have been happy with it, but still want a Shoei.

Edited by poldies4

And loctite the screws. Rtv will work too. 

I think for the price of a shoei id look at an Arai. Just an opinion but they always felt plusher to me. 

Helmets are a very personal fit. For the price of high end helmets these days I opt for 6D. Same price (within 20 bucks or so) as Shoei and Arai. Rode with Shoei for years but have ridden with 6D for the last 6 years. GREAT helmet and protection no one else offers. G

The screws are the right length and I’m tightening them enough. The problem is that all parts involved are plastic which is not as rigid as plastic. Even when the screw isn’t moving or backing out, the visor can be moved with force. I’m guessing it’s to reduce strain on my neck if I crash and hit the visor. I was thinking some double sided tape strategically placed might work. Heck maybe even some double sided tape washers, if such a thing exists. 

I don’t really want to turn it into a “this helmet vs that helmet” thread. I have no other issues with the Shoei. Also I got it hella cheap compared to MSRP (but still double my old AFX).

Edited by pontoon

Its supposed to be able to move with force.