Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

IMG_0592.thumb.JPG.ab8616adb08051093d2a6c3ee6a4a0c8.JPG

 

 

6.64 OZ

 

Thank You Explodee emoji1303.pngemoji1303.pngemoji1303.png

Are you running it with XR400 forks or CRF150R forks?  Explodee would have another customer if he made a 150F Rocker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Guy runs Triplett modded oem forks...

Cool aluminum rocker...  Like!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mixxer said:

I believe Guy runs Triplett modded oem forks...

Cool aluminum rocker...  Like!!

If stock forks or heavy forks are to be used, I don't see the point of trying to reduce weight with a rocker. But what do I know?...not much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   If stock forks or heavy forks are to be used, I don't see the point of trying to reduce weight with a rocker. But what do I know?...not much 

 

 

 

 How about a pair of aluminum trees and aluminum stem that utilizes the stock forks? 

How about an aluminum kick stand?

 

How about an aluminum Devol suspension link?

 

How about my xr250r Magnesium rear brake backing plate?

 

How about all of my aluminum engine mounting plates?

 

How about every wheel axle spacer made from aluminum (inside and outside the hubs) ?

 

No good for all because I want my bike to still look stock?

 

But your painted (to look stock?)

Aluminum Sub Frame is really good, right?

 

Please.....🤭

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

 How about a pair of aluminum trees and aluminum stem that utilizes the stock forks? 

How about an aluminum kick stand?

 

How about an aluminum Devol suspension link?

 

How about my xr250r Magnesium rear brake backing plate?

 

How about all of my aluminum engine mounting plates?

 

How about every wheel axle spacer made from aluminum (inside and outside the hubs) ?

 

No good for all because I want my bike to still look stock?

 

But your painted (to look stock?)

Aluminum Sub Frame is really good, right?

 

Please.....🤭

 

 

 

 

I lost 2 and 1/2 pounds with my aluminum subframe. Paid $150.00 for 150R forks and lost 4 pounds. I lost more weight than an AIDS patient. 

No hate on your achievements here...Just confused by the logic of stock or heavy forks. You made good on your logic earlier...no need to think I'm not on your side. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many titty babies crying about how many OUNCES their bike has lost to equal a total of MAYBE 5lbs.  

How about change your diet, do some cardio and lose some body weight, lift some weights to be able to handle your already light ass bike, then start trying to compare wiener size? 

I'd love to see you all go head to head with your own preferably built bike. Then you can really start your pissing match. 

Sorry, a long day at work, then some games of pool, some shots, and well, yeah you get honesty :p

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Daniel627 said:

Too many titty babies crying about how many OUNCES their bike has lost to equal a total of MAYBE 5lbs.  

How about change your diet, do some cardio and lose some body weight, lift some weights to be able to handle your already light ass bike, then start trying to compare wiener size? 

I'd love to see you all go head to head with your own preferably built bike. Then you can really start your pissing match. 

Sorry, a long day at work, then some games of pool, some shots, and well, yeah you get honesty :p

I'm 5' 10" without shoes, and weigh a 150lbs. If I lose any more weight, I'll be anorexic with an i.v

Dry weight of my 230F is 223lbs with stock rear sprocket, stock rear brake pedal, and stock kick stand.

29 minutes ago, Chuck. said:

From personal experience; working on weight reduction on the bike is a lot more fun than pushing yourself away from the dinner table.

For sure...I approve this message 

Edited by The Plvis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bah...

When you have ruled the woods on an XR400.... You don't really care about weight anymore... 

Everything is shorter...

Has a lower center of gravity...

And weighs less....

That bike was intimidating to me at first...to say the least... Then it wasn't a thing anymore after the first season... Acclimated and adapted to it... And loved it..

Light weight is great... But awesome suspension and great engine are higher on my lust list...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Too many titty babies crying about how many OUNCES their bike has lost to equal a total of MAYBE 5lbs.   How about change your diet, do some cardio and lose some body weight, lift some weights to be able to handle your already light ass bike, then start trying to compare wiener size? 

I'd love to see you all go head to head with your own preferably built bike. Then you can really start your pissing match. 

Sorry, a long day at work, then some games of pool, some shots, and well, yeah you get honesty default_tongue.gif&key=8e02901975bb657dff408cb8bfd93a6b56d912ed322650f858fdbf0c6468ff7a

 

 

Put a 2 in front of your 5 and make sure the fuel tank is full.

That’s where I’m at right now and it was fun getting there, even more fun to ride now.

None of the mods show and the bike looks stock except for the pipe and fork brace. (Especially since I’m to lazy to wash it, except I do clean it well before working on it, or putting it on the scales)

 

My stock looking front end on my 273cc 230 is more smooth, compliant and less harsh than the CR 80 r front end on my 262cc 150f .

My 230f weighs Less than my 150f now but still 20lbs more than my BBR.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just dawned on me that my front forks are probably lighter than factory. Bruce drilled a bunch of holes in my damper rods, cut some of my springs off, and I have a BBR top triple clamp. But then I added brush guards and a headlight so savings probably lost. I know the 230 is a little heavy by some standards yet I must say I have rode heavier and less suspended bikes in the past and loved every minute of it. Why cause I was riding. Rode many a XL and SL models. You know the kind to remove weight you stripped all the street trim off.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×