Free Mods and Jetting

2004 WR450F - 11 miles, still cherry.

If I do the "free mods", remove exhaust insert (replace with PMB), airbox mod, grey wire and throttle stop - will I have to do anything to the jetting? Back out the air/fuel screw (how much)? Change the needle groove? What will happen if I do not do anything to the carb?

I'll try & give you a "little tip"..."maybe"

You'll have to turn your airscrew in...not out.

You can try your clip down one position. :)

I also have a new WR & have only removed the insert so far. It is a little loud, but made a big difference. I rode it bone stock for 50 km. before i removed the insert.

I am not putting it back !!! :D

I will be doing some tuning with the stock setup...along with the airbox mod.

My :D WR does has a YZ throttle stop {stock} & no grey wire. :D

yes I'd also like to know more about the e-clip and were exactly is that supposed to be set at and the air screw?

Buy the JD jet kit for the WR, follow the instructions and should be happy. I know that I am.

Also, I bought the Yamaha YZ throttle stop from the dealer and the Zip-Ty fuel screw from the TT store. Unfortunately, neither work on the 1998 WR I bought them for. If you interested let me know. I don't what to make any money, but would like to try to break even.

Uhh you got mail.

Also, I bought the Yamaha YZ throttle stop from the dealer and the Zip-Ty fuel screw from the TT store.

If you interested let me know.