yz85 clutch slipping

I bought a 2007 yz85 with a locked up connecting rod bearing and i bought an engine with a new crankshaft because i didnt wanna open up the engine but ive had to transfer all the engine accessories to the new engine but when i put the clutch on I was sure I did it right and have all the parts in there but when I put the pressure plate on Its hard to push down and stays up like its not aligned correctly but i know it is because it goes down when i screw the clutch bolts in but theres about 1/8in of space where the clutch plates can move if I push on them so thats making it slip(this is still happening with the cable disconnected). I figured the rebuilt engine already had the ball bearing in the clutch so i didnt need the one from the old engine so I took it out but now the rod that pushes the pressure plate is about 1/4in from touching the pressure plate and barely touches it when I pull the clutch lever. 

You need the ball or it won't reach the pressue plate when you pull the clutch in. Additionally there are circles on the face of the pressue plate that need to be lined up with the circles on the inner hub, you'll know when you have it in the right spot becuase that gap will get sucked up...Good luck