2003 RM 250 with a carburetor and exhaust of 300 KTM .

I put a 300cc KTM carburetor and exhaust on my bike 2003 RM 250. It runs well but I'm having an issue with too much power too soon how do I take a little bit of power out of the bottom in so I have more range on my throttle.??

Edited by Ray Hemphill
Title

Your kidding right?  The KTM 300 uses a 36mm carb RM250's use 38's, so you will have more power and a harder hit with the RM's carb.  The standard KTM pipe is really an FMF Fatty, good pipe but nothing special there either, that's assuming that the pipe even fit.  

In short, if there's too much power I suggest that you sell the bike and get a 125.

Try a rear sprocket with 2 less teeth. It will give you more top end and slow down your bottom end hit some.

I put a 300cc KTM carburetor and exhaust on my bike 2003 RM 250. It runs well but I'm having an issue with too much power too soon how do I take a little bit of power out of the bottom in so I have more range on my throttle.??
Had an 03, it hits like a beast. Moose reed spacer to mellow the delivery. FWW too. Feed the power in with the clutch.

Had an 03, it hits like a beast. Moose reed spacer to mellow the delivery. FWW too. Feed the power in with the clutch.
I will mever get rid of my 03. I love it for the hit. Thing is such a blast to ride. Just put on a end gnarly if you want easy power. I have the gnarly for trails and a platinum pipe for the track. The gnarly will turn it into a rock crawler it seems. Love the versatility with this bike.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:14 AM, The Deplorable said:

Had an 03, it hits like a beast. Moose reed spacer to mellow the delivery. FWW too. Feed the power in with the clutch. emoji106.png

I just installed a new clutch clutch plates hopfully that will help .the temperature think is the problom. its  been cold ..

On 2/9/2019 at 4:14 AM, The Deplorable said:

Had an 03, it hits like a beast. Moose reed spacer to mellow the delivery. FWW too. Feed the power in with the clutch. emoji106.png

Thanks  for  your  help..but i think its the temp

On 2/1/2019 at 11:26 AM, Ray Hemphill said:

20190209_150803.jpg

On 2/8/2019 at 8:45 PM, SMarquez said:

Try a rear sprocket with 2 less teeth. It will give you more top end and slow down your bottom end hit some.

Thanks friend 

6 hours ago, CaptDan said:

Yeah, I remember my first time on the internet...

Yup, he's clearly a newbie.  Oddly enough if he toned it down some there's a chance that we really could offer some assistance.

6 hours ago, Ray Hemphill said:

I think you know nothing I think your Punk tell me I know how to ride 2/50 1 got my first 250 12 years old 

Ray, calm down - your not the only one here with riding and wrenching experience.  For quick reference, on one of my many projects I installed a 36mm carb on an RM250, last year when I rebuilt my "loaner bike" (the bike I normally loaned out to riding buddies).  It was a '99 RM250, had Millennium bore it out to a 295 and port it - in the end they did a great job and I highly recommend their services.  I wanted it to mimic the power of my old '12 KTM 300XCW, that's why I used the 300XC carb.  Once I got the jetting sorted it ran good but not great so I switched back to the original 38mm.  When I bought the bike it came with a nice FMF Gnarly pipe, even so, it still couldn't match my 300xcw's low end.

So back off, your the one asking for help.

• Like 2