foytix

CRF250f came in at work today.

Out in my neck of the woods they come pre assembled already and they force you to pay freight and set up.

3 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

set up.

I'd rather set-up my own sled. That way I know everything is PERFECT!   And foytix, see if you can find out for all of us where all that extra lard is. :smirk:

• Like 3

Check your messages please....

:ride:

• Like 1

Messed up part is as the dealer we have to do the setup and sign off on it.  Not only that they come in 2 to a crate.  Snagged another shot right before it left.  Was busy and didn't get to be the guy that got to test ride it....grrr.

20190201_165023.jpg

Looks pretty nice.

Anyway,,,, going to Mill Creek MX tomorrow with the CRF"290". Gonna hit 60 or so degrees.:ride:

Time to go down to the local Honda dealer and check out this bike!!! I think Honda could sell quite a few of these, only time will tell. Motorcycle sales are slow, most dealers are singing the blues right now. 

how is the maintenance supposed to be on these bikes? oil changes/valve checks?

Time to go down to the local Honda dealer and check out this bike!!! I think Honda could sell quite a few of these, only time will tell. Motorcycle sales are slow, most dealers are singing the blues right now. 

Two dealers in my area:
One 5 miles away
Other just over 30 miles away

None in stock yet

3 minutes ago, C2.0 said:

Am I reading that wrong?
Does it say after the initial service its 1000kms between oil changes?

thats exactly what it says unless i'm reading it wrong too lol

Dr.Motoo and C2.0 ....

Would this be the first off road biased 4 stroke you have ever seen??

What would be suggested maintenance intervals on the bikes you currently own/ride??

And how does that translate between factory suggested intervals based on potential type of use and factory liability... And what you actually do...or what is actually needed...

You guys know that factories recommend replacement of pistons on motocross 4 strokes at 15 hours if the machine is used for competition... And 30 hours if used for recreation.... And yet there are some 10 year old mx bikes with the factory installed piston still in them... There are recommendations and then there is reasonable use beyond them... Liability is what dictates the recommendations

• Like 3

On 2/2/2019 at 6:06 PM, adnohguy said:

Two dealers in my area:
One 5 miles away
Other just over 30 miles away

None in stock yet emoji848.pngemoji17.png

My son in high school recently scored a part time job at the local Honda dealership.  They do not have any either.  Being MI, he's still putting together snowplows though.  

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 11:47 PM, mixxer said:

Dr.Motoo and C2.0 ....

Would this be the first off road biased 4 stroke you have ever seen??

What would be suggested maintenance intervals on the bikes you currently own/ride??

And how does that translate between factory suggested intervals based on potential type of use and factory liability... And what you actually do...or what is actually needed...

You guys know that factories recommend replacement of pistons on motocross 4 strokes at 15 hours if the machine is used for competition... And 30 hours if used for recreation.... And yet there are some 10 year old mx bikes with the factory installed piston still in them... There are recommendations and then there is reasonable use beyond them... Liability is what dictates the recommendations

Yup I’m thinking rebuild on my high strung out 450 with at least 25,000 miles on her. 🤩

It’s been used about six months of the year for 10 years. So I figure the crank has about 25,000 miles on it. The top end has a lot of miles also. It is a 480cc with GYTR billet cams, S.S. valves, ported head etc. 

It will be interesting to see if the crank has anything excessive in side play per the shop manual. But if apart it’s getting a crank. Likely new piston, rings, valves, bearings and possible expensive new port job with +1 valves. 

I hate to take this apart but I would feel worse if it blew up. It’s been producing over 57 rear wheel hp for a long time. 

3DA07FBB-A620-41FA-8727-6A72DCBEBE0D.jpeg

• Helpful 1

15 minutes ago, StevetheSnake said:

Yup I’m thinking rebuild on my high strung out 450 with at least 25,000 miles on her. 🤩

It’s been used about six months of the year for 10 years. So I figure the crank has about 25,000 miles on it. The top end has a lot of miles also. It is a 480cc with GYTR billet cams, S.S. valves, ported head etc. 

It will be interesting to see if the crank has anything excessive in side play per the shop manual. But if apart it’s getting a crank. Likely new piston, rings, valves, bearings and possible expensive new port job with +1 valves. 

I hate to take this apart but I would feel worse if it blew up. It’s been producing over 57 rear wheel hp for a long time. 

Every time I see your YZ450SMR i start salivating. That's a bad-ass shut-yo-mouth. Bro you're shaft! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, StevetheSnake said:

Don't do the +1 valves Steve...

The OEM titanium Yamaha valves are the highest quality... Plus they have a very well engineered profile for low lift flow enhancement...

If you did find aftermarket ti valves with the same profile in +1 configuration... If everything is done 100% correct... You would gain 1.5~2hp max for your time and effort..

Also...

Why do you have Ohlins on a street scooter??😀

Edited by mixxer