ripsnorter

ThumperTalk member went missing with my bike!!!!

Has anyone seen DirtyClods?

https://thumpertalk.com/profile/171696-dirtyclods/

Last May I posted looking for someone to fix my bike for me: 

DirtyClods replied in PM that he could do it. We got together, agreed on what needed to be done and that I needed it done before last summer as well as a price. I dropped the bike off, had some parts shipped to him, met him one more time to deliver the last of the parts, and that's the last I've seen the bike. He later said he had to move unexpectedly, but didn't respond when I asked for more information.

At this point my last message from him was a cryptic email on November 15th, and nothing since then.

Has anyone seen him or know how I can get in touch with him? I've tried calling, texting, messaging him on the forum and facebook. 

Edited by ripsnorter

What make year and model was your bike? Post some pics if you have them. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Horgh said:

Wouldn't the next logical step be a police report?

That's the next step yes, but I'd like to give him one final chance before I do that. Maybe it's a series of really bad communications on his part. I'd just like to get my bike back. His account shows that he was last online on January 20th though, so it appears that he's avoiding me.

As to the other questions, I'll have to find my info on my bike and try and dig up some pictures. I still have the title of course.

Edited by ripsnorter

8 hours ago, mattwave said:

What make year and model was your bike? Post some pics if you have them. 

2001 KTM 300 EXC

Had a pretty nice Scotts Steering Damper on it too and an oversized clear tank.

I'll have to keep looking for pictures. I have the VIN if anyone finds something similar.

Edited by ripsnorter
  • Like 1

2001 KTM 300 EXC
Had a pretty nice Scotts Steering Damper on it too.
I'll have to keep looking for pictures. I have the VIN if anyone finds something similar.

What area are you in

Castle Rock, WA area.

Dirtclods (Tim) was down in the Vancouver/Yacolt area. The last time I saw the bike it was in the Mill Plain area off I-205. I think he moved out by Amboy/Yacolt though.

2 hours ago, ripsnorter said:

That's the next step yes, but I'd like to give him one final chance before I do that. Maybe it's a series of really bad communications on his part. I'd just like to get my bike back. His account shows that he was last online on January 20th though, so it appears that he's avoiding me.

As to the other questions, I'll have to find my info on my bike and try and dig up some pictures. I still have the title of course.

You haven't seen your bike since November and you're still trying to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Hey, I can sell you a pretty awesome bridge over the Snoqualmie river, you interested?

• Like 7

Another reason to get s repair manual and learn to do the work yourself. What a dirt bag...maybe he’s locked up. 

Maybe a PI Could help find his location 

Edited by Charles De Mar
  • Like 1

Chalk it up as a learning experience. Whats a 2001 KTM 300 with? Maybe what 1500-2k? Whats your time worth in comparison? At a certain point it might be worth just letting it go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ripsnorter said:

Dude, call the cops. They’ll take a report and that’s about it. I hope you can find a good deal on a new bike.

• Like 1

Wow... Your word is your bond... Its all you really have that defines who you are as a man... a person.

Shit happens in life for certain... But how you deal with it is what matters.  

Condolences... :worthy:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Wow... Your word is your bond... Its all you really have that defines who you are as a man... a person.

Shit happens in life for certain... But how you deal with it is what matters.  

Condolences... :worthy:

True. But demons of drugs makes people less than human. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TigerTanker said:

True. But demons of drugs makes people less than human. 

I've come to the conclusion that drugs and alchohol only release the beast within...  No beast... No problem.

Could be wrong...  :excuseme:

• Like 5