Anyone know if the gate at Penrose is open?

Awesome, thanks for the reply. BLM site says road/ gate closed and no info at the recorded line due to government shutdown, according to recording. G

4 minutes ago, G 9.5 said:

Awesome, thanks for the reply. BLM site says road/ gate closed and no info at the recorded line due to government shutdown, according to recording. G

Go ride!! Beautiful there this weekend.

On 2/3/2019 at 8:02 AM, G 9.5 said:

Yes, thanks for the update!

G!  You good to ride again?  Or what!?  :ride:

Final surgeon's visit this am. Hoping for full release. Still having some grip/strength issues, but hope it will get better with tt (throttle therapy). I will keep you posted. Want to get out ASAP if I get the green light. G

1 minute ago, G 9.5 said:

Final surgeon's visit this am. Hoping for full release. Still having some grip/strength issues, but hope it will get better with tt (throttle therapy). I will keep you posted. Want to get out ASAP if I get the green light. G

Awesome man, you're an animal!  Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

We might be going to penrose this sunday with a few buddies on here. Anyone welcomed!

Feel better too, G. Maybe we will ride out one day!

7 hours ago, ColoradoJax said:

Awesome man, you're an animal!  Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Awesome of you to say so. Got the go ahead. I will still have some grip and strength issues so need to be cognizant of that, don't want bars coming out of my hand, that might not be good. Maybe a little cool this weekend for PC, will have to wait and see. Cameras down there look dry as of now. I will not be up to speed until warmer weather, but that could be a good thing. Lisa has new GG 250 trials bike she wants to try out so we will be down there ASAP. How's the knee? G

Edited by G 9.5

Any updates? Open for riding Saturday? May be heading down...

Posted (edited)

I'll call rangers tomorrow. They did get more snow last weekend, G

Edited by G 9.5

23 hours ago, G 9.5 said:

I'll call rangers tomorrow. They did get more snow last weekend, G

I did a quick independence lap on my way to Texas last week on Thursday and it was dry except for some north facing stuff. On my way back after the race on Sunday it was a full on blizzard through there. I’d assume it dries out fast there though.

Just spoke with Heather at the number listed on the map; 719.269.8500.  She stated the area is currently open.  If I can get another 1-2 buddies together, I'm planning on riding down there tomorrow.

7 hours ago, JFjeld said:

Just spoke with Heather at the number listed on the map; 719.269.8500.  She stated the area is currently open.  If I can get another 1-2 buddies together, I'm planning on riding down there tomorrow.

Nice, thanks for the info.

There’ll be 4 of us riding tomorrow; all on KTMs. Should be there 1ish if anyone else wants to meet.

23 minutes ago, JFjeld said:

There’ll be 4 of us riding tomorrow; all on KTMs. Should be there 1ish if anyone else wants to meet.

Thanks for warning us. :lol:

• Haha 1