2019 Sachs poor quality already

Seems the Italians have had problems getting reliable anodizing for some time and not just Sachs.  my 2014 Marzocchi's went to crap quickly...but boy were they good when they worked!   

Personally I'm used to changing forks on most of my past bikes (and I've had many) and already have KYB's that drop right into Beta or KTM/Husky.  They were an investment but I have them for whatever bike I want.  I understand that changing suspension isn't for everyone but in reality the forks are easy!  

If the 200  platform is what you are after don't let crappy forks stand in your way!  I've been dealing with crappy forks on KTM's and my last two Betas for many years, so it's part of the game for me.  Although, I love the air forks on my 2017 TX300!   So much so,  I wasn't even tempted to put the KYB's on.

After seeing some video showing what seems to be decent bottom end even with 15/49 gearing I'm considering the 200rr real hard right now. 

All of that being said, Beta aren't doing themselves any favors by staying with Sachs!  It would be nice if they came with something more reliable...but it's not a deal breaker in my eyes.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

21 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Really? So I place or win my class in sprint enduros at 6 mph :lol:

You outta come here Kran. Take a ride. I’ll lead .  I’ll be gentle. See how slow I am. :smirk: .. instead of makin stuff up and talking out your ass :lol::ride: I’ll take you on the old fart trails :thumbsup: were about the same age right? How old are you now???

Why don't you ever show us videos of your "winning" in these sprint enduros?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Piney Woods said:

Whiney Doods  :excuseme:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Why have you been in the Beta threads for almost every day for 10 years and you’ve never even seen or ridden a Beta :lol:

Hey you sure are demanding when you’ve never shown shit ever as far as pics or vids. At least I post up something.:thumbsup::ride:. I’m sure I have some vids of parts of races somewhere but who gives a &%$#@!. Well I guess you!! Thanks huh..

My last sprint enduro I came 3rd. First place guy smoked everyone with all firsts in all 4 motos. First 3 different motos are different and about an hour long. The last and 4th moto is the first 3 motos done in sequence so that’s almost 3 hrs.. plus the firstabout50 min to an hour each. It was a nice day of riding. I diced with another guy for second and on the last loop I missed a ribbon and he passed me back. I had to turn around and He was too far ahead to catch.  Im happy to get anything as Im slowing down and fat ..but some days I can go at a good clip. .. at least for the over 50 or 55 class. 

I still might have a little race footage somewhere. Usually the races are long and my batteries die before any good parts of the race. 

7357FBC1-FF63-44BA-A257-AA2EA0DC32B7.jpeg

Piney Im an ex 70’s and 80’s A rider at a shitty B level now and slowing but I still line up to race with high blood pressure and diabetes after a couple of heart attacks and 4 stents in my heart. What’s your &%$#@!ing excuse? :lol:

Like Ive said before.. Buy a Beta before you get too &%$#@!in old to ride you puzzy. You the same age as me. It’s going to be too late when you die.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

:lol:  I knew  that was coming! You forget, I saw and even touched a '10 400 once when the dealer brought it to a HS. So there! You have shown us all that 6mph stuff, hence Kranky's post.

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

:lol:  I knew  that was coming! You forget, I saw and even touched a '10 400 once when the dealer brought it to a HS. So there! You shouldn't have shown us all that 6mph stuff, previously mentioned by the awesome guy, renowned tender lover, and talented rider human, known as Bill's, post.

fixed it for ya, whiney woods

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Mark-us-B said:

LOL! Yes indeed, some of us, the uninformed or those without enough petrol to get out to the state line must be subject to the king's tariffs in our kingdoms 😂 

But all joking aside and in "circling the wagons" on this 8 page posting, if I understand correctly, the OP is going to run these forks another 10 hours and then pull them down to see if there is "any" wear in the high-wear areas, as there is not presently.

I for one am hoping his forks look good and have no wear and he will be able to see many many hours out of these new Sachs CC forks!

I absolutely agree! I'm hoping for the same and yes that is my plan.

I got a solid 45 miles on them in fast and rocky singletrack yesterday and if there is an issue i didn't notice. They felt flawless. These forks feel as good or better than any forks ive ridden.

• Like 1

And its good to see we can keep these forum posts from dissolving into middle school dick measuring contests. Seriously,  none of us are that bad ass, regardless of what grandma may have told you. If we were we wouldn't be concerned about failing parts, our sponsors would replace them long before we noticed. 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of people have to justify their personal choices with unfounded claims that the decisions they made are the only right decision...for everybody.  Look at all the 'best' this and 'best' that thread titles.... if there were a single best tire/bike/lube..etc.. there would only be one.

I'm at about 9 hours, stockers with springs for my weight per chart are working flawlessly.  When I swapped in new springs at about 5 hours, the oil looked new.  I'll replace the oil next winter, this year I'm going to ride the *** outta it...

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

2 hours ago, braindead0 said:

A lot of people have to justify their personal choices with unfounded claims that the decisions they made are the only right decision...for everybody.  Look at all the 'best' this and 'best' that thread titles.... if there were a single best tire/bike/lube..etc.. there would only be one.

I'm at about 9 hours, stockers with springs for my weight per chart are working flawlessly.  When I swapped in new springs at about 5 hours, the oil looked new.  I'll replace the oil next winter, this year I'm going to ride the *** outta it...

You're insane. How the heck do you think you're going to be able to win the title in the 

I used to be kinda fast 25 years ago, but now I'm old and broken down, but still think I'm fast

Class?

I mean there's trophies to be won, glory to be had, $50 gift cards at the local Applebee's bestowed upon you, and the women with muffin tops and badly dyed hair, will swoon, as you proudly carry the title of old-kinda-not-too-fast champion. Formerly referred to as the Metamucil Cup Points Series.

In all seriousness, there's a ton of very talented guys that I wish I could hang with, running stock suspension, that seem to out ride everyone. I just talked to another local tuner yesterday who is the go to guy for most of the guys in our region. His comment was that stock valving on most every modern bike on the market is suitable for 95% of the riders who purchase them and the other 5% are faster than anyone of us ever were or ever with be. 

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jmgatx said:

Seriously,  none of us are that bad ass, regardless of what grandma may have told you.

Your grandma doesn't kiss and tell, trust me! :devil:

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

Your grandma doesn't kiss and tell, trust me! :devil:

Yup, both dead.

16 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

fixed it for ya, whiney woods

HiHi! Gotta give credit where credit is due Kranky. But that "tender lover" thing is a bit confusing. My only thought is that after seeing your photos/videos you may mean you have a passion for fried chicken.

27 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

HiHi! Gotta give credit where credit is due Kranky. But that "tender lover" thing is a bit confusing. My only thought is that after seeing your photos/videos you may mean you have a passion for fried chicken.

No, Sourdough with KY Jelly is my passion.

• Like 1

One thing I'm pretty confident in is Piney will never have a problem with Beta Sachs forks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Will find out 2-16. At this point your supposition is a good one.

A Beta ride report from Piney!!!! 

If that happens, HDR and Piney meet halfway and we get a head to head shootout!

A Go-Fund-Me and let's make this happen! 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

I'm in but only if HDR brings some bags of fresh pineapple, luv that stuff. I'll bring TX cowpies, fresh right out of the oven!

Edited by Piney Woods
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1