jmgatx

2019 Sachs poor quality already

Haven't went looking but the forks/shock on my 15 300RR with 200 hours performs great. Time for at least new seals and oil as I know I've done 72.5 hours on it since getting it in November 2017. Weather just snapped into winter (finally) so when it goes back to 50 for the norm day temp, I'll spend time in the garage disassembling and getting it ready for service.

• Like 3

Ugh!!

Could somebody please just offer a bolt on KYB fork/shock replacement package. 

Is this an issue with both the Sachs OC and CC?

Or just the OC?

• Sad 1

Ben in our group clocked up 200 hours on his RR300 but he was told the anodizing was starting to wear off and he'd need to address it eventually. However it deteriorated very quickly over the next 10 hours and now needs to be done urgently. 200 hours might sound like a lot, but Ben spends most of his time in first gear riding it like a trials bike so the suspension has had an easy life!

It was mentioned the Traction eRag crew ran a fleet of Betas without suspension issues, but the suspension was not pulled apart and checked at the end of the summer, so who knows how the anodizing went in that case. 

In my opinion, the Europeans should just give up trying to make suspension and just use the tried tested and proven Kayaba gear from Japan. They've had it dialed in brilliantly for years now. Beta has messed up quite badly with both the Sachs and Marzocchi. And KTM is well known for eventually getting their forks to work well then they'll make a radical change and a whole set of new problems crop up. They eventually fix them then change it all again! And of course there were the dreaded 4CS forks... Plenty of us everyday trail hacks can be happy with Eurotrash suspension and not hit issues, but why not keep everyone happy and just use quality gear to start with?

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1

7 hours ago, Navaho6 said:

How much does the anodizing cost?

Last I heard, motoxgiant did it for $250. Doesn't seem very cost prohibitive to me.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

7 minutes ago, OZ DRZ said:

Ben in our group clocked up 200 hours on his RR300 but he was told the anodizing was starting to wear off and he'd need to address it eventually. However it deteriorated very quickly over the next 10 hours and now needs to be done urgently. 200 hours might sound like a lot, but Ben spends most of his time in first gear riding it like a trials bike so the suspension has had an easy life!

It was mentioned the Traction eRag crew ran a fleet of Betas without suspension issues, but the suspension was not pulled apart and checked at the end of the summer, so who knows how the anodizing went in that case. 

In my opinion, the Europeans should just give up trying to make suspension and just use the tried tested and proven Kayaba gear from Japan. They've had it dialed in brilliantly for years now. Beta has messed up quite badly with both the Sachs and Marzocchi. And KTM is well known for eventually getting their forks to work well then they'll make a radical change and a whole set of new problems crop up. They eventually fix them then change it all again! And of course there were the dreaded 4CS forks... Plenty of us everyday trail hacks can be happy with Eurotrash suspension and not hit issues, but why not keep everyone happy and just use quality gear to start with?

That's it, I'm selling this new 300rr and going back to this! KYB's on a green machine! ?

IMG_20180412_160431_459.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, firffighter said:

That's it, I'm selling this new 300rr and going back to this! KYB's on a green machine!

$2,000 here waiting for your heap '18 Beta. ?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, firffighter said:

That's it, I'm selling this new 300rr and going back to this! KYB's on a green machine! ?

IMG_20180412_160431_459.jpg

No yer naught, I'mma gonna buy it out from unna neathya......................... 🤣

(Is that Grants Pass in the background?)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

$2,000 here waiting for your heap '18 Beta. ?

😏

Edited by Beta300recat

6 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

No yer naught, I'mma gonna buy it out from unna neathya......................... 🤣

(Is that Grants Pass in the background?)

Kinda looks like GP doesn't it? 

Clackamas river canyon view from front of house. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Navaho6 said:

I was about to buy a new Beta tomorrow. After seeing this, I may not. 

Is this happening on the open chamber forks too ?  

What is rubbing on the surface to cause this?

I have an ’18 RR300 with the oc fork, 65hrs, forks looked new inside when I serviced them a few weeks ago. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2

10 hours ago, Navaho6 said:

I was about to buy a new Beta tomorrow. After seeing this, I may not. 

Is this happening on the open chamber forks too ?  

What is rubbing on the surface to cause this?

i dont think anything rubs there.

1 minute ago, firffighter said:

Kinda looks like GP doesn't it? 

Clackamas river canyon view from front of house. 

Ya, that red brick building looks like the one in Grants Pass you see on the right going through town on your way south.

Reason I remember is my buddy was waving his arm towards it while we were riding down to Monterrey for the races. Later on, I asked him why the building was so significant. He said, "..............not the building, did you see the guy standing behind it?"

"Uhhh, sorta.............."

"You saw him or you didn't. Skinny white guy, tall, dirty, with dreadlocks?"

"Ya, purple corduroy jacket and dreadlocks, I saw him"

"Every town has a filthy white guy with dreadlocks. You just saw the in Grants Pass!" 🤣

Or who knows? It was a while ago and maybe we were actually passing through Clackamas. 😏

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Chief said:

Ugh!!

'07 YZ250

How's your kickstarter holding up? :excuseme:

Edited by Beta300recat
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Chief said:

Ugh!!

Is this an issue with both the Sachs OC and CC?

Or just the OC?

Send a message to @motoxgiant for a anodizing quote. It's around $250. ? :eek:?

• Haha 1

Seems kind of strange that the anodizing is damaged where nothing EVER touches it when the fork is assembled and in operation. The bushing never comes that low in the fork when it is extended. 

thats right next to the lower bushing.  i wouldnt think the upper bushing gets that close to the lower bushing.  there has to be more overlap than that.  therefore nothing actually comes in contact with the ID of the fork tube at that "wear" location

Your probably right and I thought that but what else would touch the bore there? Just crappy mfg QC? I never had these specific forks apart.

11 minutes ago, GP said:

Your probably right and I thought that but what else would touch the bore there? Just crappy mfg QC? I never had these specific forks apart.

Is it possible it has something to do with whatever jig they hold it in during anodizing?