Aftermarket Seat 2018 FX350

I've got the Seat Concepts Comfort 2.0 (tall) on my FC which is great.

You don't want an OEM seat.  They suck.  Hard as a brick and the seat cover wants to rip your backside to shreds.

I would see if the dealer still has the stock seat sitting on a back shelf and if they would trade you straight across for the X-Seat.  Then you would at least have seat pan you could put new foam and a cover on (this would let you save money on the SC setup or you could go with Guts).  Although the X-Seat is still a vast improvement over the stocker...

8 hours ago, 1 lunger said:

I use the seat concepts on my TX 300 and love it. That’s the way I’d go.

Which seat model do you have?

3 hours ago, eastreich said:

I've got the Seat Concepts Comfort 2.0 (tall) on my FC which is great.

You don't want an OEM seat.  They suck.  Hard as a brick and the seat cover wants to rip your backside to shreds.

I would see if the dealer still has the stock seat sitting on a back shelf and if they would trade you straight across for the X-Seat.  Then you would at least have seat pan you could put new foam and a cover on (this would let you save money on the SC setup or you could go with Guts).  Although the X-Seat is still a vast improvement over the stocker...

Are the gripper bars on the 2.0 seat useful like the race style seat?

Trying to decide between the Comfort 2.0 (Husky blue + yellow) or the Race seat in stock height.

10 minutes ago, Fatt_Tones said:

I just kept the stock foam and went with a Guts cover.  I really like it.

18F0B30E-3A23-4E40-A3B9-FBFD6CDEF058.jpeg

Looks great! Unfortunately the dealer doesn't have the stock seat so I have to order a complete seat...stuck between a Seatconcepts Comfort 2.0 or a Race 2.0 complete seat...just want to make sure I can easily get forward on the tank in the corners and stay there without sliding back.  I had a comfort "low" seat on my YZ250FX and I always felt like I was slipping backwards.

Edited by 7raptor
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 7raptor said:

Looks great! Unfortunately the dealer doesn't have the stock seat so I have to order a complete seat...stuck between a Seatconcepts Comfort 2.0 or a Race 2.0 complete seat...just want to make sure I can easily get forward on the tank in the corners and stay there without sliding back.  I had a comfort "low" seat on my YZ250FX and I always felt like I was slipping backwards.

Before I bought this cover I was really close to buying the seat concepts comfort seat, but in the end was detered by the price.  Since I mostly ride moto and more open trails I figured I don’t sit enough to warrant the purchase.  I probably would have bought it if I hadn’t just pumped a few grand into the bike in the few months preceding that time.

This cover is nice and grippy and suits all my needs.  The harder foam of the OEM seat really doesn’t bother me much like the KTM’s of the past.

48 minutes ago, 7raptor said:

Are the gripper bars on the 2.0 seat useful like the race style seat?

Trying to decide between the Comfort 2.0 (Husky blue + yellow) or the Race seat in stock height.

If I had to do it over again, I would just get the regular Comfort tall and not the 2.0 tall.  The ribs/bars work to help hold you in place, but the seat cover itself is still plenty grippy and with the wider back section there is lots to hang on to.  The Comfort seats feel to me to be easier to lock yourself in position as the seat flares out behind your knees/legs and makes it easy to stay where you need to be.  Especially when standing.

I have never had a problem with sliding off the back of the regular Comfort seats I have on my XR and my KTM.  I just went with the 2.0 because I thought the cover looked a little fancier.  The 2.0 is definitely not as easy on your backside for trail riding as the regular Comfort seat.

2019 snow.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fatt_Tones said:

Before I bought this cover I was really close to buying the seat concepts comfort seat, but in the end was detered by the price.  Since I mostly ride moto and more open trails I figured I don’t sit enough to warrant the purchase.  I probably would have bought it if I hadn’t just pumped a few grand into the bike in the few months preceding that time.

This cover is nice and grippy and suits all my needs.  The harder foam of the OEM seat really doesn’t bother me much like the KTM’s of the past.

48 minutes ago, Fatt_Tones said:

Is the comfort seat wider than the stock seat?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7raptor said:

Is the comfort seat wider than the stock seat?

With the Seat Concepts saddles, at the front/center where your knees are when sitting/standing it is the same width as stock, in the back where your butt gets stuck when you are tired it is wider and thus the "Comfort" moniker.

The regular Comfort and the Comfort 2.0 have the same foam/shape to them.  Just the covers are different.  See the pic above of the 2.0 and notice that it is only wider at the rear. 

The Comfort XL is even wider in the back than the regular Comfort, while still the same width as stock up front. 

• Like 1

Here are pictures of the stock seat and the 2.0 Comfort Tall (complete seat assembly).

I ride way forward on this bike, so I like the seat as flat as possible.  But I stand way more than I sit.  That may be a bit "old school" though, as I'm an old guy.  I also have a 32" inseam, and the foot pegs seem high/forward.  So the tall seat made sense for my fat, and out of shape arse.

The wide part of the seat provides some comfort when I'm just cruising around, or goofing off.  I also found it's nice for seat bouncing a jump.

It seems just a bit slimmer around the top of the tank than stock, just a bit taller than the stock seat (not near the 3/4" they say), and makes the whole bike feel slimmer in the attack position.

The downside (at least on my bike) is it's harder to get the side panels back on correctly. 

I like the pleating.  At first I thought it was gimicky, and I still think it's butt ugly.  But I stay forward better, when seated without it trying to pull down my pants.  Can't have a Tomac incident now... lol

Seats-Top-View.jpg

Seats-Side-View.jpg

• 10 months later...
On 2/4/2019 at 7:05 PM, sheath said:

Here are pictures of the stock seat and the 2.0 Comfort Tall (complete seat assembly).

I ride way forward on this bike, so I like the seat as flat as possible.  But I stand way more than I sit.  That may be a bit "old school" though, as I'm an old guy.  I also have a 32" inseam, and the foot pegs seem high/forward.  So the tall seat made sense for my fat, and out of shape arse.

The wide part of the seat provides some comfort when I'm just cruising around, or goofing off.  I also found it's nice for seat bouncing a jump.

It seems just a bit slimmer around the top of the tank than stock, just a bit taller than the stock seat (not near the 3/4" they say), and makes the whole bike feel slimmer in the attack position.

The downside (at least on my bike) is it's harder to get the side panels back on correctly. 

I like the pleating.  At first I thought it was gimicky, and I still think it's butt ugly.  But I stay forward better, when seated without it trying to pull down my pants.  Can't have a Tomac incident now... lol

Seats-Top-View.jpg

Seats-Side-View.jpg

sheath, do you happen to have pictures of that tall comfort 2.0 seat mounted on the bike? the tall comfort picture they have on the side with the suade cover looks terrible compared to what you've showed here. 

If you have pictures I'd really appreciate it. 

thanks for your help. 

29 minutes ago, Joel Brown said:

sheath, do you happen to have pictures of that tall comfort 2.0 seat mounted on the bike? the tall comfort picture they have on the side with the suade cover looks terrible compared to what you've showed here. 

If you have pictures I'd really appreciate it. 

thanks for your help. 

October-19--Over-Smith-More.jpg.ac7609c5f1243c952a353e949d8e18d5.jpgEnd-of-the-trail.jpg.d76fb9aa4dd05ed918920c5084014784.jpgRidge_Over_Midway.jpg.db7fbc6927c9da39e61d3aeda9f27902.jpg

Hi Joel,

I don't have any specific pictures.  Here are some on the trail.

If there is a specific view(s) you'd like to see, I can definitely take pictures.  Just let me know.

• Helpful 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2019 at 5:49 PM, sheath said:

October-19--Over-Smith-More.jpg.ac7609c5f1243c952a353e949d8e18d5.jpgEnd-of-the-trail.jpg.d76fb9aa4dd05ed918920c5084014784.jpgRidge_Over_Midway.jpg.db7fbc6927c9da39e61d3aeda9f27902.jpg

Hi Joel,

I don't have any specific pictures.  Here are some on the trail.

If there is a specific view(s) you'd like to see, I can definitely take pictures.  Just let me know.

hi there sorry for the late reply. I appreciate the pictures. do you have any pictures or would you mind getting a picture of the bike say on a stand so you are at seat level and take a picture for me at that hight. want to see it on a perfect level side profile if possible. thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. I'm leaning towards the tall Comfort 2.0 but it seem and looks a bit to tall at the rear of the seat. with they just tapered it down to stock hight at the back so you don't get this big hump/drop in foam where it meats the rear fender. wish these Husqvarna's had the 2020 style KTM sears. they are more rounded and have more cushion for the pushin ?

On 2/8/2020 at 9:27 PM, Offset_moto said:

hi there sorry for the late reply. I appreciate the pictures. do you have any pictures or would you mind getting a picture of the bike say on a stand so you are at seat level and take a picture for me at that hight. want to see it on a perfect level side profile if possible. thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. I'm leaning towards the tall Comfort 2.0 but it seem and looks a bit to tall at the rear of the seat. with they just tapered it down to stock hight at the back so you don't get this big hump/drop in foam where it meats the rear fender. wish these Husqvarna's had the 2020 style KTM sears. they are more rounded and have more cushion for the pushin ?

Yeah, I like the 2020 style too.

Hopefully between these two pics you'll get a good idea of how it tapers down at the back. 

Seat-side-shot-1.jpg

Seat-side-shot-2.jpg

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, sheath said:

Yeah, I like the 2020 style too.

Hopefully between these two pics you'll get a good idea of how it tapers down at the back. 

Seat-side-shot-1.jpg

Seat-side-shot-2.jpg

hi Sheath, 

thanks so much for these pictures, it helps a lot.

appreciate your help & your time.