It’s time

Dare I post in this thread?   Hmmm, well at extreme personal risk of being flamed, here is some High Sierra Summer dust for your winter day dreaming.  yes another scratch on my Husky at the end of this video.    The self talk at the end, starting at about minute 3.50  is hilariously painful.  "oh shit once you get down how do ya get back up those rocks......  ah Yes I go the way he went.....  Oh shit my leg is stuck and I burnt me new pants  Gdamnit"   :cripple::    

Edited by World Famous bigbob
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ElDorado650 said:

This blows.  If it does what is says, snow at my place for 5-8", most riding is snowed out.

We will see, but it stays cold as well, so no good melt during the week.

Untitled.jpg

20170415_165018.jpg

20150131_140714.jpg

20150110_142311.jpg

20150131_140701.jpg

What weather site is that?  I like the way the data is presented.

3 minutes ago, ElDorado650 said:

The problem I have riding when it is like that is I am on the ground a lot.  Logs are extremely slippery when snow covered.

Then, you are really wet and cold after rolling around on the ground a few times.

We need some sun and warm for a few days.

It was barely sprinkling when I got there, I opened the door to the truck and it started hailing, I got all my water proof gear on and it started snowing, ditched the goggles right away because they would fog up. It snowed 4 inches in about an hour. I was laughing, until I had enough. 

It was just nice to operate a dirt bike again

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ElDorado650 said:

Sweet.  I was stuck riding on my property.  That did not help much.

I need to get out soon, but this weekend is not looking too good either.

What elevation were you at?  Snow is not too deep there.

About 4K. If it wasn’t snowing I’d still be riding

7 hours ago, ElDorado650 said:

It's weather underground.  They are pretty good.  

If you want the real deal - www.weather.gov/sacramento

I used to use Wunderground but found them to not be all that accurate when they were relying, in part, on private weather stations.  Like you say, my go to for accurate weather reporting is the NWS.  This is the service a lot of news stations use to get their information.

I like the NWS because you can click on the map and it will give you the weather for anywhere and not just the nearest city.  I think they must combine nearby sources.

Maybe I'll give Wunderground another shot.  I think Jeff Masters sold it.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, ElDorado650 said:

Sweet.  I was stuck riding on my property.  That did not help much.

I need to get out soon, but this weekend is not looking too good either.

What elevation were you at?  Snow is not too deep there.

If you are bored this weekend you can pull the Jeep out and help us rescue a buddies Jeep that broke down and needs to be recovered. It's not too far from you...  

1 hour ago, Rock Hugger said:

If you are bored this weekend you can pull the Jeep out and help us rescue a buddies Jeep that broke down and needs to be recovered. It's not too far from you...  

ElDo is a big fan of breakfast (who isn't). Betcha this guy buys breakfast...