Should I trade this bike( (pictures included)

So last summer, I bought a 1998 RM 125 in almost perfect condition for about 1500, never rode before. I broke the front brake handle off of it, and I’ve never really pushed the bike. (Still nervous about going fast). Bike still runs and everything. The owner who sold me the bike, now has been nagging me about trading it back in return for a 1998 kx125. He’s told me it’s easier to handle and everything and is working on repairing the bike to it’s normal condition. Should I trade my RM125 for this Kx?

84E873EA-35DD-41E0-8289-5FC59299CA78.jpeg

F0891FE1-E974-4585-8893-70C384F2C9B1.jpeg

E7F8F86B-B6B5-467B-A7ED-3F06DB451ECA.jpeg

250F6A39-3AF4-4E12-94B1-8AFEF533FB97.jpeg

Seeing the RM brings back many great memories. In 1996 in my teen years I bought one straight from dealer. Still one of my favorite bike of all time (second only to my new KTM 300). The 1996 and the 1998 are for comparison purposes identical. To me they have something special when it comes to handling.
What would you be gaining by trading?
From looking at it, I wouldn’t.
When both in new condition the RM’s the better bike between it and the KX.
There’s a reason he’s nagging you to trade it back...

Thanks guys, He's been nagging me about it for quite a bit. Originally wanted it for about 2 grand, negotiated it down to 1500, came with performance parts and such. I've already been ripped off once on a 01 Blaster, don't want to get schemed again.

If he was asking for "your" benefit he would only offer an easier to handle bike, one time. I have done that as a courtesy to somebody that bought too much bike from me, 05 CRF450R, he was a 1st time bike owner that stood about 5'2". I could not talk him out of it. When he finally understood what I ment bu this is too much bike for you, I gave him a refund and welcomed her home, (it was later the same day) but I missed her, lol. Anyways a nice genuine offer only happens once, if they are bugging you about it, hell no, keep that beautiful rm. I just sold this one to compete In a vintage mx sieres starting in the spring here in colorado. Your's is in 100x better shape

20180920_121103.jpg

Edited by Patrockyj