Baja mid March 2019

There's a group of us heading down to Baja mid March (10-20).  Just curious if there's some other riders we might meet while we're down there. Maybe plan a day ride together. We'll be doing day rides from a support truck trying to find nice juicy singletrack through the rocks, sand, mountains and cactus.  The Santa Veronica area around Tecate, West coast, San Pedro mountains, Catvina, and Bay of Concepcion are all part of the plan. Three of us did this trip 2 years ago and it was the best Baja ride I've ever had. This time we got a couple more guys coming.

17353407_10154345616632452_2128024890536774928_n.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I am down in Baja until the 17th, then I will be heading to Sonora to drive the support truck and wrench for two friends in the Sonora rally.

I'm at a friend's house in San Vicente right now. I've been riding with some local guys I met but nobody wants to go further south. 

I would really like to ride with you guys a bit if possible. 

Sounds great! I'm sure you're getting a good idea on the good trails too. Where abouts in San Vincente are you staying? I think we'll stay a couple days at Coyote Cals and ride out from there, then do the same thing from San Quintin for a couple days. After that we'll do the BN trail down to Catavina and spend a couple days around there.  What kind of riding are you into? We've got a mixed bag of beginner, novice and expert riders in our group.

I was staying at bajatrailrider's place. There is a good motel in town there too at the South end of town. Sorry for the late reply, I haven't had internet for a bit.

I joined up with some guys in coyote Cal's on Sunday. We rode down to El Rosario on a mix of 2 track and slab and a little bit on the beach. Monday we did the Bill Nichols trail and I think some of the cactus trail over to catavina. Yesterday we went through the 7 sisters beaches and some more 2 track up to Rosarito, then to mission San Borja and over to Bahia de Los Angeles.

Tomorrow night we are staying in catavina again and then doing the rockman trail Friday. These guys are headed to San Felipe after and then back North to the states Sunday or Monday.

I'm thinking I'm gonna try to get back to my truck in San Vicente after we do the rockman. I really like singletrack and rocky technical stuff. But I enjoy all the riding down here really, there is so much cool stuff to see that it's kinda hard to go wrong it seems.

• Like 4

On 3/6/2019 at 5:32 PM, Jkirkland said:

I was staying at bajatrailrider's place. There is a good motel in town there too at the South end of town. Sorry for the late reply, I haven't had internet for a bit.

I joined up with some guys in coyote Cal's on Sunday. We rode down to El Rosario on a mix of 2 track and slab and a little bit on the beach. Monday we did the Bill Nichols trail and I think some of the cactus trail over to catavina. Yesterday we went through the 7 sisters beaches and some more 2 track up to Rosarito, then to mission San Borja and over to Bahia de Los Angeles.

Tomorrow night we are staying in catavina again and then doing the rockman trail Friday. These guys are headed to San Felipe after and then back North to the states Sunday or Monday.

I'm thinking I'm gonna try to get back to my truck in San Vicente after we do the rockman. I really like singletrack and rocky technical stuff. But I enjoy all the riding down here really, there is so much cool stuff to see that it's kinda hard to go wrong it seems.

...goes to Ensenada to "learn spanish"

spends his time riding with BajaTrailRider Larry! hahaha,

sounds like you are having a great stay in Baja with a great host!

Edited by soylent_green
  • Like 3

Hahaaa yeah, Larry's a real great guy and he's been great to spend time with. I'm lucky to have found him. I was gonna do 8 weeks of school but I decided to skip out a week early and ride some more..

We did the rock man trail today. I was feeling lucky so I tried the hard part with the big steps backwards and I got the big pig up it. ?

We're in San Felipe now. The guys I've been riding with are gonna hang out here for a day and then head back North for Tecate. I'm thinking I'm gonna hit the highway to Lazarus Cardenas and then take the dirt road West from there to just south of San Vicente and get back to my truck tomorrow evening. 

I'll send you a PM and maybe I can find you guys here in a couple days.