Extra wide riding boots

27 minutes ago, rtiny33 said:

Looking for a good boot I wear a size 17 New Balance 4E I heard that the Alpinestar Tech 3's are very wide boot.  Also I have very big calfs.  Any suggestions would be great besides cutting off my feet and legs thanks guys.

I have wide feet also I have Alpinestars Tech 7's and they fit great. Also plenty of room for big calves. ?

• Like 1

Also have wide feet, I've had tech3 and now have tech7. Both fit good width wise. Tech7 are more comfortable overall. I wear shoes somewhere around 9-10 depending on the shoe. The boots I go size 11 to fit nicely.

Comparitively, I just tried on a friends size 10 fox instinct and it was way too tight at the toe area.

10 hours ago, redhurricane said:

gaerne sg10 or sg12- large toe box and large calf area

I’ve been wearing Alpinestars for years. Purchased a new pair of Tech 7 Enduro’s and they were too narrow. Tech 10’s even narrower. I wound up with Gaerne SG-12’s. Pricey, but well worth it. Much wider than than the Alpinestars and have an adjustable shin plate for larger calves or knee braces.  The SG-10 is even wider. Too wide for my size 13E feet. 

I ordered the tech 5, I would love to buy Gaerne, but there not available in my size or remotely close.  Like I said I wear a 17 4e in NB tennis shoe. I appreciate all the feedback, I ordered custom riding gear from Wrex Racing..... I haven't rode in 14 years...But I've resurrected my yz426f cant wait to ride.

20190209_190209.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/9/2019 at 1:21 PM, rtiny33 said:

Looking for a good boot I wear a size 17 New Balance 4E I heard that the Alpinestar Tech 3's are very wide boot.  Also I have very big calfs.  Any suggestions would be great besides cutting off my feet and legs thanks guys.

I am not sure about Tech 3s but I know 100% you do not want Tech 7s or Tech 10s for wide feet I have wide feet. The solution I found was sg10 but the calf isnt very big but maybe it will be proportional to your foot size. For you I would not say definitley buy but try them if you can!

• Helpful 1

1 minute ago, Max D. said:

I am not sure about Tech 3s but I know 100% you do not want Tech 7s or Tech 10s for wide feet I have wide feet. The solution I found was sg10 but the calf isnt very big but maybe it will be proportional to your foot size. For you I would not say definitley buy but try them if you can!

Did you see how the tech 5s fit........???

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, Gflo said:

I am a EEEE width.  Gaerne SG10 fits very nice.  Last boots were Astar T 7.  Gaerne’s are wider.  And I heard the 10s are wider than the 12s, although I can’t confirm that.

Also heard that love my sg10 but found I couldnt fit med size knee guards which bummed me out Is there a solution to making it bigger in the calfs that i am unaware about. I do not have monster calves either

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Max D. said:

Also heard that love my sg10 but found I couldnt fit med size knee guards which bummed me out Is there a solution to making it bigger in the calfs that i am unaware about. I do not have monster calves either

I converted my o'neals for my calfs but I've out grown those.  Sewing in a piece of leather.

15500074639527072064939018431357.jpg

15500074912241290523566837245078.jpg

Update on the Tech 5's they fit great in the toe box.  Foot slid right in, unlike other boots I've worn in the past.  I went to a boot guy who will sew in a leather panel 13" long tapered from 2" to 6" the length of the opening o the boot, he will Velcro on one side sew it on the other.  I will be moving the top straps to the third straps and will fabricate the top strap using the third straps and additional straps I've purchased.  Also I was missing the boot sole in the right boot?? I know right.  I cant find anything on the any of the websites about Tech 5 straps (or Tech 5 accessories),  are not the same as the tech 7's either.  I contacted  www.2wheel.com  the sales rep went and checked the tech 7's and the Tech 5's straps are different, if you look at the straps on line the Tech 7's look like the Tech 5's straps.  I should have an update by next week Wednesday, 70 here today  and the bottom is going to fall out here in Oklahoma tonight back in the 30's.  Thanks for all the input. tiny 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rtiny33 said:

Update on the Tech 5's they fit great in the toe box.  Foot slid right in, unlike other boots I've worn in the past.  I went to a boot guy who will sew in a leather panel 13" long tapered from 2" to 6" the length of the opening o the boot, he will Velcro on one side sew it on the other.  I will be moving the top straps to the third straps and will fabricate the top strap using the third straps and additional straps I've purchased.  Also I was missing the boot sole in the right boot?? I know right.  I cant find anything on the any of the websites about Tech 5 straps (or Tech 5 accessories),  are not the same as the tech 7's either.  I contacted  www.2wheel.com  the sales rep went and checked the tech 7's and the Tech 5's straps are different, if you look at the straps on line the Tech 7's look like the Tech 5's straps.  I should have an update by next week Wednesday, 70 here today  and the bottom is going to fall out here in Oklahoma tonight back in the 30's.  Thanks for all the input. tiny 

Glad you found a solution man! I feel you on the wide foot thing its frustrating! Especially when I was younger.

• Helpful 1