The Webb Wagon seems to be making a big difference in his riding....  Ricky's on board. I'd say it's hard for the Yamaboys to swallow but honestly most of them have jumped on the Orange train like @Chaconne even if they don't admit it...

webbthumnby-450x300 (1).jpg

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

The Webb Wagon seems to be making a big difference in his riding....  Ricky's on board. I'd say it's hard for the Yamaboys to swallow but honestly most of them have jumped on the Orange train like @Chaconne even if they don't admit it...

🤮

18 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

:lol: "it's not the bike"

Correct!  It's not the bike.  

It's called the WEBB wagon, not the KTM wagon

Edited by Wally63
  • Like 3

Just now, Kev_XR said:

The change was good for Webb. So many wrote him off last year.

You want to know who wrote him off last year? That's a rhetorical question Kev so I'm going to go ahead and give you the answer.  

It was the YamaHumpers, the same guys who said he would never live up to the hype THEY CREATED when he was riding that bad ass YZ250F. We all remember how they said he would make the transition to the YZ450 and in their words "DOMINATE" . 

It's funny how the truth always bubbles up eventually, nobody who said the yz450 was a pile ever denied the yz250 was a good bike, or that that Cooper Webb didn't have what it takes.....

And I do remember one guy saying that Cooper Webb would be GONE after his first 450 contract with Factory Yamaha.... Who was that guy??

1 minute ago, Wally63 said:

:lol: "it's not the bike"

Correct!  It's not the bike.  

I tell you what, I'm willing to admit something big, you ready for it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

So Webb was Mr 8 to 14  and now he’s the shit? What change happened?  

A shit ton

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The 250 class is not the 450 class and it takes a while to learn it....

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Must be that Keto Diet Aldon put him on 

no &%$#@!ing snickers goes a long ways 

Probably encouraged him to quit smoking and switched him to nicotine gum also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Nope there was one major measurable identifiable change that all can easily see.  I see it.  It’s hard to shit talk around it. 

I agree, his attitude and sense of self responsibility are extremely improved. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wally63 said:

I agree, his attitude and sense of self responsibility are extremely improved. 

It's funny how everyone's attitude around a certain BBP always seems to be shit and yet the same folks attitude around other motorcycles seems to be much better doesn't it?  And one particular bike seems to standout and improves peoples attitudes.... Like BAHA said it's tough to dance around it... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

It's funny how everyone's attitude around a certain BBP always seems to be shit and yet the same folks attitude around other motorcycles seems to be much better doesn't it?  And one particular bike seems to standout and improves peoples attitudes.... Like BAHA said it's tough to dance around it... 

You have amazing consistency about it always being about the bike, I will give you that.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Wally63 said:

The 250 class is not the 450 class and it takes a while to learn it....

tenor.gif

My Rottweiler puppy went through a similar cat / small dog door. It must have been like being born again. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wally63 said:

You have amazing consistency about it always being about the bike, I will give you that.

So you are saying the bike is not the reason for a guy with a consistent 10th place history over seasons of 

third level world class racing to become the dominate racer?  

26 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

So Webb was Mr 8 to 14  and now he’s the shit? What change happened?  

He's finishing 7 to 13 places up now. 

Some say the bike, some say the program. I think when DV12 isn't yelling at Musquin about whoops, he hurls insults in French at Webb. Motivation. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wally63 said:

Well I remember the consistency of the haters going back 20ish years or so. 

They'll never win an outdoor race.

They'll never win an outdoor series.

They'll never win an sx race.

They'll never win an sx title

Now they're sweeping podiums at races. 

Haters are saying they had an off night because they only went 1-2 in the 450s and wer 4th in the 250 race in SX.

I could add more detail but you get the point....  It's been a fun ride watching the haters be proven wrong time and time again over the past 20 years.... 

Thanks for playing along though, not many haters left. Even @Chaconne is about to buy his second KTM... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kev_XR said:

Some say the bike, some say the program. I think when DV12 isn't yelling at Musquin about whoops, he hurls insults in French at Webb. Motivation. 

Where do you give the credit Kev?  Certainly the team is part of it, but the team develops the bike, and if you gave team KTM the yamaha bike do you think they'd have to start developing "the bike" and making significant changes to get it to the top or would a few clicker changes by Webb's Mechanic Carlos have Webb winning on the Yamaha? 🙃

• Like 1

Just now, Kev_XR said:

I really do not think there is a bad bike out. Program-no.  Cooper has always had world class speed so this is far from new for him.

The YZ 250 is the hands down dominate 250 and shares the frame with the 450.  For some reason the math fails to carry over to the 450.

So Cooper gets a new bike and feels lets say he is 5% better subjectively to himself. Boom that 5% equals to top guy from top ten.   

• Like 2